What's new

how is this kenwood reciever? (1 Viewer)

GregLee

Stunt Coordinator
I got one a few days ago. I think it's pretty nice. There's been some comment on it in avsforum, a thread here at ecoustics, and there was a review in Nov. Sound & Vision magazine. A .pdf user manual is at kenwoodusa.

Doug_H

Supporting Actor
The 6070 is a decent receiver but if Kenwood sticks with the numbering system of the last few years the 6080 will use better amps than the K-stats. There is a huge difference even though they are both rated at 100 watts.

Reid K

Stunt Coordinator
doug iam sorry but I got confused by your post... so would you say it is worth it or look into that other one?

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Reid

I have had the 6070 for 3 months. The amplifiers are quite good. K-Stat means there is a thermometer built into each power transistor. This is how the 6060 and 6070 put out 92 watts per channel with all 6 channels driven simultaneously.

In my opinion the amps sound fine. I also own a $2,800 800 watt separate amp and the Kenwood was in no way clearly inferior.

The 6070 is a full featured receiver that at $450 or less is very hard to beat.

Artie

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks