What's new

Allow me to introduce myself... (1 Viewer)

Adam Wayne

Auditioning
Real Name
@dAm1111
The Name is Adam, and I'm having a hard time hooking up my home theater system...
Here's what I'm T'workin with.
Panasonic tcp50s30 50" TV
Pioneer VSX - 3600 Head Unit
Sony Bpd-480 Bluray player
Kenwood SW-22HT - Powered Subwoofer along with the matching 5 "surround speakers"
Now here's my question.
I've hooked up my 4 speakers to my reciever, but I cant seem to figure out how to get the sub to work
here's the rear of my reciever
SAM_4675-vert.jpg

and here's a pic off the cover of the service manual ( exact same as what i have)
kenwood_ks-303ht_sw-22ht_25ht_sm.pdf_1.png

Cheer's

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
It looks like you're going to have to run the subwoofer between the receiver and the speakers. The way this works is the wire from the Left channel out on your Pioneer goes to the input on the sub, from there - the sub's output goes to your left speaker. Do the same with your right channel. You'll then need to select a crossover frequency on the subwoofer itself, which is done with the rotary dial. Something between 80-120Hz is most common.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Nope, your sub has an internal amp (that's what the wall plug is for) - you're just using the speaker channels to give it a signal.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks