What's new

How I Met Your Mother - season 4 (1 Viewer)

David_Jr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave

And who says things like "back in the fall of 2008..." when describing events from 15 to 20 years ago? Most men that age (myself included) can't remember events that took place 5 years ago with any kind of detail, maybe what season, but certainly not what year or month. I think the show should have given up on the opening narrations after the first season when they had an audience and people were liking the characters and the title of the show wouldn't have mattered that much. They are painting themselves in a corner by describing Robin as "Aunt Robin." I suppose Robin has a sister that looks a lot like her that we could be introduced to at some point. At this point Ted really is the least interesting person in the cast anyway. And I think we all knew Stella wasn't the one, didn't we?

Jerry Almeida

Second Unit
Real Name
Jerry Almeida

I don't think it was that out of character, and definitely believable. IIRC, when we were first introduced to Stella, she hadn't dated much. Then she gets swooned by Ted. I could certainly see someone getting caught up in all of that and then having the reality of remarriage slap you in the face.

MichaelD

Stunt Coordinator
I'm pretty sure in the episode where Ted does the complete opposite at the party, he voices over to his kids that their mother was there that night but he hadn't met her yet. Then the next day he finds the infamous yellow umbrella. I think Robin is definitely no their mother.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Just saw this episode. That was well done, and I knew that ending was coming. What I didn't expect was Robin being on the ferry to see Stella and her ex together. I think Robin and Ted will be back together and Robin is the Mom. Robin's experiences outside of New York keep bringing her back.

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
Great episode! Barney and Marshall are the funniest ones on the show. BTW, was that guy at the hippie resort really the lead singer of the Spin Doctors? Probably a stupid question, but he sort of did look like him.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Now that Alyson Hannigan is pregnant in real life (due in the spring) it will be interesting to see how they handle this in the show; whether they put her behind things constantly to hide it, or if they write in the pregnancy into the show.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I just read that Allison H. is pregnant. Congrats to her and Alexis.

I suspect that Lilly will be with child soon. That should lead to some hijinks on the show. According to the article that announce the pregnancy, they have already hinted on the show that Lilly is with child in the future.

I have to admit, I don't think I caught this. Hopefully, now that we know, it will be easier to spot the clues.

Who would of thought that Willow would get pregnant the old fashioned way. LOL

EricW

Senior HTF Member
i just rewatched the pilot today and was thinking of any scenarios where Robin could be the mom and still be aunt Robin. like: what if she and Ted did have kids, but for whatever reason, she had to leave/split, then this series would be the story of how dad tells the kids that aunt Robin is their real mom?
but then it wouldn't make sense since we know about the yellow umbrella and the st. patrick's day party etc.
then i thought, what if 2030 is the year Ted finally proposes to Robin after a previous marriage that gave them those kids, and the series is his way of telling his kids he's marrying aunt Robin?
but again, the yellow umbrella and the st. patrick's day party...
i'm still holding out hope that there is a reason why Dad is telling them a story where the whole series is actually important, and not just the final few episodes where he bumps into a stranger that has nothing to do with the the series upto that point. and the only way that happens is if Robin is the mom....

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
If that is the story, I think that's a satisfying enough ending to make most people forgive the long narrative to the kids.

But I still hold out hope that Robin and Barney are meant to be. :D

EricW

Senior HTF Member
i was reading about this show in wikipedia and caught this passage on the synopsis about the latest episode, and read this:
i totally missed this - when did it happen during the episode?

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
That's a little misleading--he didn't outright say "Stella is not the mother," but that scene definitely was in the episode. It may have been right after Ted had his discussion with Robin.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

He says that if the wedding had come off as planned "everything would have been different" - then they cut to a scene where there are two blonde haired children sitting in the place of Ted's actual kids, and Stella comes in and says something about the story their father is telling them. Short of having a Star Wars-style crawl going up the screen saying, "Stella is not the mother" it is hard to see how the producers could have made this any clearer. ;)

And Robin isn't the mother, either. :D

Joe

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Oh, I know that...I just meant that the narration itself doesn't outright say "Stella isn't the mother," even though that's obviously the message.

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
This episode had me in stitches. The whole 80's canadian pop singer thing with Robin was a riot. Loved the cameos by Tiffany and Alan Thick. James vanderbeek (SP?) has got to have the biggest freakin head, it's very Eric Stoltz a la Mask. I loved how Robin was still into him even after he had lost hair, gotten fatter and worked at a water park!

I kind of want Barney and Robin to get together. It just seems so much more fun with those two.

Lily and her friend were funny, but the way Marshal originally discribed it, it made it seem more entertaining than it actually was.

Still a great episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks