What's new

How I Met Your Mother - season 4 (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I'm waiting for this to have a dark, twist ending: "So, you're wondering how I knew all of these nice, fun people we all loved, and yet I married this person that turned into a complete psychopath and we're hiding in the basement, on a couch, telling you about how life was before this woman you know as your mother went off her rocker...."

Ok, too dark.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
because i like to use my own mind to see things the way my mind sees them, and am willing to make mistakes and learn from them on my own.

Plus robin as the mother(even if she really won't be) helps me enjoy the show more.

So Joe, i'll be okay if she isn't the mom, no need to save me from myself.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
I like to use my own mind to process and understand reality as it is. ;) To each his own.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Besides, my comments were not directed soley, or even mostly at you. Lots of other folks, here and elsewhere, are rooting for Robin to be the mother, which to me is a little like going to see Titanic and rooting for the boat to make it. :D

Regards,

Joe

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Personally, I thought a more entertaining film would have a Terminator in bowels of the Titanic causing damage.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Our DVR recorded the last episode with no sound. I have no idea how that could happen. Anybody else ever have a similar problem?

EricW

Senior HTF Member
that might be like telling his kids the story of "how the ewoks beat the empire" and starting with episode 1.

like i said, if the writers DO tie in the entire series with the story of how Ted met his wife (who wouldn't be Robin), that's great. it just doesn't seem likely.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

I assume you recorded it in HD? If so, I think the problem isn't your DVR, it is your local CBS affiliate having trouble with the audio portion of the HD feed. I've seen this happen with some or all of HD shows I've watched live and on DVR on various networks. A few weeks ago an episode of CSI I recorded had no sound for the first half hour or so, then switched to the SD feed for a few minutes, and them came back up in HD with full DD sound for the balance of the show. When I checked with a friend who watched it live he said he'd seen and heard (or not heard) the same thing. When something similar happened with an episode of Ghost Whisperer I just switched to the SD channel and watched the show that way.

Regards,

Joe

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
I don't know what it is, but I'm just not enjoying this show like I did when I first started watching. Last nights episode was sort of funny, but I didn't laugh out loud like I use to with the jokes. barney still cracks me up, but I just don't have that " oooh HIMYM is on " feeling.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial

I personally feel the show is perhaps funnier than ever, this season, albeit with a little more "grown-up" edge to it.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

Yep.

I'm a timid guy who's only been in one fight in my lifetime but if I knew that's what it took to turn Robin on i'd be beating up everyone in sight.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
FYI - Was just watching the first season on DVD. For those who care, here is the exactly dialogue from the end of the pilot:

Ted: "...because that kids, is the true story of how I met your Aunt Robin."

Son: "Aunt Robin?"

Daughter: "We thought this was how you met mom!"

Ted: "Will you relax? I'm getting to that. Like I said, it's a long story."

Notable also is the fact that Robin's name is never mentioned or heard in the episode until Ted's voice over at the end, which is why the kids don't realize who he was talking about while he's tellling the story.

Regards,

Joe

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I'm with you. I oftentimes don't even remember the plot as I am discussing the show with friends. It's become... unmemorable.
On a typical Monday, Worst Week and Big Bang Theory are funnier and more memorable, and every other week Two and Men is as well. HIMYM used to be the funniest show on Monday be a mile. It feels like the funny well the writers drank from has run dry.

EricW

Senior HTF Member
really disliked this week's episode. i HATE when sitcoms use the cheap gimmick of creating a character trait out of thin air just to service a plot. i know sitcoms are contrived by definition but that shortcut is just so, so lame (anyways i'm talking about Lily's not-keeping-a-secret thing). also the whole plan of making Ted think Barney had sex with her sister his stupid. what was he supposed to think?!? if anything it just proved that his sister was immature for setting him up. it's not jumping to conclusions when you're completely pushed from behind

MichaelD

Stunt Coordinator
The episode was terrible. It was redeemed at the end by Marshall karaoking to "Let's Go to the Mall."

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
I liked it. But then again, as a Canadian, I love it when they make fun of Canada.

I'll post more later -- it's getting dark and I have to turn on all the lights.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leif_sauce
Recent bookmarks