What's new
World Wide Stereo

How do I remove B&W in-ceiling speakers? (1 Viewer)

kornbln

Auditioning
Real Name
Nathan
I have some B&W CCM 50's in my ceiling and I need to remove them temporarily. I didn't install them so I don't know how to remove the grills. There's no screws or anything to remove. I'm guessing they will just pop right off so I tried to pry them off with a flat-head screwdriver but they start to bend rather than come free. I don't want to damage them. The manual has been of no help with this.

Thanks.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Try taking a straightened out paper clip, then put a 90 degree bend in about the last 1/16 inch or so. Stick it through one of the holes near the edge and gently pull the face plate off. That usually does the trick. Of course, if you have distorted the plate with a screwdriver there may be some problems.

mylan

Screenwriter
The grilles are just wedged in there. It is going to take something like a small knife blade. Work the blade around the grille as you pull gently out, take your time as they are fragile.

kornbln

Auditioning
Real Name
Nathan
Thanks John, that worked perfectly. I didn't realize it was just the grill that pops out and not the trim piece. Was trying to pry off the wrong part.

Semperchai

Auditioning
Real Name
Brian
I realize this is an old thread, but.... it's a pain in the neck and I recently encountered this problem. A small flathead screwdriver around the edges works great. The screwdrivers with interchangeable heads for computers & electronics work great, and you can find them at just about any hardware store/radio shack, etc.

Also, instead of a paper clip, a tiny alan wrench in the grill can work, but if you're not SUPER careful you can either bend the grill or puncture the material on the inside of the grill.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SJeans123
Recent bookmarks