What's new

Small Room, speaker size? diagram/pics inside (1 Viewer)

Joe.Kuta

Stunt Coordinator
Link Removed
[note: 10ft ceiling], pics taken and posted on request.
This is the family "TV Room", which will hopefully soon be referred to as the "HT Room" :)
As you can see, it is not big.
Obviously i want big movie sound, but how much do i need?
[edit] i'll try to fit the SVS 25-31PCi in the room [/edit]
/snip
W/ such a small room even med. size speakers can crowd the area, which i would like to avoid.

sam_canavo

Stunt Coordinator
I have a room that is 8ftw x 24 long. I have a pair of paradigm 3se minis and psb alphas that fill the room quit nicely I think if you went with a package of either of these makers you would be ok.

Gary PT

Agent
Joe,
I have almost the identical room size and layout. I did Axiom: M22's up front, M3's rear, and, for now, 2 10" KHL subs, although an SVS is coming. Merak center channel. It's the first system I've owned that has the headroom, volume, and dynamic range to keep me happy with any program source. If music is just as important to you, you might want to look at the M22's. They are a bit more refined in the midrange for music, and are certainly not overkill in that size room, IMO. Outstanding, detailed sound for not a lot of money. Just another suggestion.

Joe.Kuta

Stunt Coordinator
Today i auditioned speakers, here are my findings:

-Klipsch sb-series: very clear highs, but tweeter a little harsh.
-Energy take5, encore: midbass not there
-Paradigm mini, atom, titan: sounded good!
-Martin Logan: for the price i was expecting much more
-Sonus Faber Signum: sounded good, but once again, not for the price.

BryanZ

Screenwriter
Check out B&W, Def Tech, Dynaudio, PSB, and NHT as well. I think a 25-31 would fit quite nicely in that room. Probably will be able to get down to the 20 - 21Hz range. If you could afford it, a 16-46 should do even better, going down to 12Hz or so (just a guess for I am not any sort of expert).

Jim Hubbard

Auditioning
Joe,

My room is a little bigger than yours, and I just ordered my SVS 25-31 PCi yesterday (can't wait!). I don't think it is overkill, and you WON'T regret it.

I went to Sound Advice to audition speakers and I came to the same conclusion that Paradigms had the best sound to my ears. They weren't too forward, but very clear and smooth. IMO, the Klipsch sounded bad. I know alot of people like the way they sound, but it wasn't for me.

Anyway, after reading reviews, I started with a pair of bookshelf Axiom M3Tis $275 and found they have the same sound as the Paradigms (to me), so I kept them. I would suggest you get 2 of them, and if you like them, get 2 more. The M22s WOULD be overkill in that room however. They are very powerful speakers.

Good Luck!

Joe.Kuta

Stunt Coordinator
There is not a huge diff. b/t the paradigms (Atoms) and the M3s? If not, that would be good b/c i like the small size of the Atoms (this setup is for my dad, so he's still in the "bose cube" way of thinking small).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks