What's new

Hooking up two subs at once (1 Viewer)

Reid K

Stunt Coordinator
Just wondering my current reciever is a yamaha rxv-730 and was wondering if I would be able to hook up two subs at once to it, and if so what would I all need. Also my sub is a JBL-pb-10 so what would be best matched with that another one of the same model or something different?

Chris Elm

Stunt Coordinator
Hmm I'm still a newbie so I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong here, but I think all you would need is a y-splitter going from the LFE on your reciever to the two inputs on the two different subs.

Also, with subs you don't have to worry about timbre matching etc. so two different subs will most likely not effect you.

dajaga

Stunt Coordinator
i dont know much about this but i know that chris is very wrong. subs you need to timber match. if you have 2 diffenent subs at 2 different watss and size of the box but same size conr. then it will interfere with each other. and you prett much have to have the subs in the same spot. or the sounds will interfere.

Nathan Porteous

Stunt Coordinator
Thats not true at all as long as you calibrate right, I have a pw2200 and a ps1000 2 totally different and i managed after some fine tuning to get them to sound awsome together i've head lots of 2 sub combos together most of them sounded great but some also have not but the owners alos knew nothing about ht. And who says they have to be in the same corner mine are but thats where they sound best, damb concrete floors. And yes get a y splitter for hooking up both easyest was indeed.

Reid K

Stunt Coordinator
Okay awesome thanks, it doesnt matter if I already have a Y splitter on it for my bass shakers does it? Also what is a good second sub you could recomened in around the same price as the JBL.
PS Nathan I sure miss winnipeg hehe

Nathan Porteous

Stunt Coordinator
I dont think it will make a difference I knew a guy that had 4 different subs hooked up, all different makes and models all with y splitters on them. There is other ways too but i not hip with that jive. I dont know how much your jbl is so say $300 just search some threads you'll find tons of suggestions but if you like yours get another one.

ps Winnipeg is a fun city you used to live here or visited?

Reid K

Stunt Coordinator
I think I might look for a different since the JBL doesnt have tons of power, and the jbl was around 450 400 canadian if I remember correctly. Ya I used to live there but moved a few years back still spend close to a month there though every year. Always have to go back offroading in the flood way:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks