What's new
World Wide Stereo

hooking up homde theater (1 Viewer)

IgalX

Auditioning
Hello everyone:)
I am a novice home theater owner although an enthusiast, I am quite inexperienced and I am looking for the easiest and simplest way to connect all my compnoents through my A/V reciever (namely, my HDTV, the cable box, the CD player and the DVD player). Despite looking (and following diagrams) the set up is apparently less than straightforward and I would truly be thankful if someone could guide me to a good guiding source or can explain to me how all the above can be accomplished.
Thanks!
Igal Fligman, MD:)

John S

Senior HTF Member
rather complex these days with all the different possible connections.

Most people still just run audio to the AVR and video to the display.

I run all my stuff through my AVR, I have 3 component video devices, and 2 svideo devices. So I still have to switch the input on the display a fair amount as well as the AVR.

When I install for others, the first thing I usually do is connect the AVR on every connection it has to the Display, then connect everything to the avr.

I instruct them to choose the device on the AVR then choose or cycle through the display inputs til you see the device your looking for on the display.

The most confusing part for many is the fact that if they use a tuner in the display, they don't get sound til they siwtch the display to it's own tuner.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prexhobby
Recent bookmarks