What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

3D HONDO is coming to 3DGO! (1 Viewer)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Very sad, but I'm not surprised. Josh pretty much sums up why this experiment failed to gain any traction.

Yeah, if it can't be gotten between two different display devices and six different types of set-top boxes, they didn't have a chance. Most people have one of each. And it's really too bad, their offerings looked great and I would have happily been a customer if they would have worked on anything that I owned.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
With TV manufacturers dropping 3D from their newer sets, 3DGO is a no go.

Yeah, unfortunately, I think their service needed to be something a 3D enthusiast could get with their existing equipment, or at most, a small one-time purchase of an inexpensive adapter. The idea that people who already had purchased new 3D TVs and projectors would need to buy a new compatible TV put the nail in the coffin. As much as I would have liked an option to watch their content, I was not willing to purchase a new display device just to do so.

Mike Ballew

Second Unit
Real Name
MIKE BALLEW
Having one last go at Hondo on 3DGO! I sure am gonna miss this movie. Here's hoping (yet again) that circumstances eventually bring about a 3-D Blu-Ray release.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
"That's a shame. I would have been interested in 3DGo's offerings but it wasn't compatible with a single device that I have in the house"

Same problem here, and looks like just about everyone else as well. I would've watched EVERY 3D movie that wasn't available on disc through 3DGO if one of my THREE Rokus, Amazon Fire Stick, or internet-capable 3D TV or Blu-Ray player could have accessed it! THAT'S clearly the reason why it failed, but most will likely just use this as more "proof" that nobody wants 3D.

McCrutchy

Second Unit
Real Name
Sean
This, and the apparent movements at Disney, would seem to point to the idea that 3D is destined for physical media only. Hopefully, Paramount will either license Hondo out, or, (my preference) put it out themselves, so fans can buy it and keep it.

I would be first in line to purchase a combo pack, with the current 2D BD, and a new Blu-ray 3D disc.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
I think you meant either imported physical media or streaming. Remember, Disney has made 3D titles available through Vudu, but Sensio really dropped the ball by rolling out 3DGO with such a limited install base. It would have been better if they'd started with the PS3 and expanded from there.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
A new Roku 3D channel has popped up: http://www.3dcrave.com

They offer some free previews and paid rentals. I think they just started, so the selections are very limited. It uses the side by side format and it works fine on my Roku 3.

StephenDH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
There used to be a Russian 3D TV service available via my Smart TV which had some good stuff on it but like most things on Internet TV, it seems to have vanished.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
A new Roku 3D channel has popped up: http://www.3dcrave.com

They offer some free previews and paid rentals. I think they just started, so the selections are very limited. It uses the side by side format and it works fine on my Roku 3.
3D Crave has been around for awhile. I have it on my Panny Plasma.

Mike Ballew

Second Unit
Real Name
MIKE BALLEW
It's a really good film, especially in the scenes involving John Wayne and Geraldine Page. And the 3-D is outstanding.

I binge-watched the film three, maybe four times the weekend 3DGO went out of business. I cannot get enough of it. I hope Gretchen Wayne and other decision makers will get this film onto 3-D Blu-Ray at the earliest opportunity-- that is, once any current contractual obligations are fulfilled.

rayman1701

Second Unit
Real Name
Ray Miller
It's a really good film, especially in the scenes involving John Wayne and Geraldine Page. And the 3-D is outstanding.

I binge-watched the film three, maybe four times the weekend 3DGO went out of business. I cannot get enough of it. I hope Gretchen Wayne and other decision makers will get this film onto 3-D Blu-Ray at the earliest opportunity-- that is, once any current contractual obligations are fulfilled.

I was gonna do that, but I waited until Saturday to try and rent, and since they were 3 day rentals, they wouldn't let me rent it. I was really bummed because I wanted to see it again in 3D which I thought was done awesomely. Really added to the movie I thought. So I hope it comes out on disc at some point in 3D.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
It's on TCMHD right now. Too bad the 3D version has never been released on Blu-ray.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GAMark
Recent bookmarks