What's new

International GHOST WRITER (1989) - Coming to Blu-Ray in Germany (1 Viewer)

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
Haven't seen any threads about this but a straight-to-video comedy from 1989 starring Audrey and Judy Landers is coming to bluray in Germany from WMM in August. I am not familiar with WMM. Are they a reputable company? Not sure if their releases are region-free or not. This film last saw a release in the U.S. on VHS. It has never had a dvd release aside from Europe, as far as I know. However, I'm leery about this one as the aspect ratio is listed as 1.33:1 which leads me to believe it is not struck from a new HD master. Unless it was filmed in 1.33:1, which I am not sure of either. Does anyone have any info on this film?

I'm wondering if a U.S. bluray is coming. It's a charming light-hearted comedy with definite late 80's style and appeal. It also co-stars Jeff Conaway from GREASE fame.
I remember it fondly. It is quite a colorful film too. Hoping it gets a well-deserved remaster.

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
A little more info on this one I just found out... the Cargo Germany site shows the aspect ratio is actually 1.85:1. I wonder if this will be a region-free release. Probably not but you never know.

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
Not much interest in this film, I guess. I went ahead and ordered it as I couldn't find any new info on how the disc is or the packaging. It's a fun 80s movie and I recall Audrey Landers is actually charming and funny in this along with Jeff Conaway from "Grease" fame. Hopefully, it's a good transfer.

SugarLumpken

Auditioning
Real Name
Kenneth
Not much interest in this film, I guess. I went ahead and ordered it as I couldn't find any new info on how the disc is or the packaging. It's a fun 80s movie and I recall Audrey Landers is actually charming and funny in this along with Jeff Conaway from "Grease" fame. Hopefully, it's a good transfer.
Hello Robert13,

I was wondering does WMM or WMM/Cargo have a website where you can buy their movies or do they only sell their releases on other webshops? Because I tried and find their website but with no luck...

Thanks and with kind regards.

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
Hello Robert13,

I was wondering does WMM or WMM/Cargo have a website where you can buy their movies or do they only sell their releases on other webshops? Because I tried and find their website but with no luck...

Thanks and with kind regards.
I haven't found anything online for a website either. There is a site that lists the aspect ratio but I don't believe it is an official site of the production company. Seems to be an affiliate or something like that and I had a hard time locating it. Now I can't seem to find it again. There is virtually no info on this release or any reviews of what the quality is like.

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
It seems like there was little interest in this one but I thought I would let everyone know that I received my copy and this one actually appears to be "region-free". It played in my Region A bluray player. I haven't watched the whole movie yet but I was brought to the menu screen where it appears 2 format options are offered: a widescreen and an open matte. The open matte is a pillar-boxed 4x3 screen option. The widescreen is a cropped 16x9 screen option. It's a shame they didn't create a new HD master as I'm sure that would look glorious. But, as it stands, this is the only (and best, so far) way to view this film. And it's a really cute, fun 80's movie with songs by Audrey Landers. I would recommend it for anyone who is a fan of lesser-known 80's films from the video store days. Hoping more titles like this are given the bluray treatment.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks