HK Receiver volume problem

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jay W, Dec 14, 2001.

1. Jay W

Jay W Supporting Actor

I spoke to one of my friends last night and he mentioned to me that his receiver ( I think it's a HK 7000 ) volume shoots up and comes down during various times while watching DVDs. I racked my brains and I couldn't really give him an answer to the problem so I was wondering if any of you had experienced this before. Just to advise him whether he needs to take his receiver in to get checked or if it's something that's easily correctable.

Thanks in advance.

2. MarkO

MarkO Second Unit

Unplug it, wait 3 min, and try the unit again.

3. RobG

RobG Stunt Coordinator

It was a problem with a few models. HK did recognize the problem and put out a service bulletin and will repair them. My avr300 does the same thing, I just have not sent it in for repair. If you contact them on-line (I did) they can give you more info.

4. JohnnyG

JohnnyG Screenwriter

There was a problem on some HK units 2 model-years ago (AVR100/300/500) where the volume would shoot up by itself, but I don't think I've ever heard about it coming down by itself, nor have I heard it related to the 7000.

There was a quick service center fix for this, so that's probably the best way to take care of it.