What's new

Heroes season 1 thread (1 Viewer)

JodyL

Agent
Real Name
Jody

Funny stuff. What a wonderful way to get a laugh with my morning coffee. Stuff like this is the best medicine in a sometimes stressful life. I love this forum.

It seems to me that the "S" RNA symbol is not the sign of Sylar but the mark of all mutants.

I hate looking at my watch about 55 minutes into the hour and wishing that it would go on for another hour.

Jim DiJoseph

Second Unit
I think a fine point of the episode needs to be clarified...and I'll put forth my opinion...

Claire's father did not go after the quarterback out of any fatherly or protective instinct. IMHO, he was only concerned with plugging a potential leak. I think this guy is bad news - even to his daughter - and we'll see that in detail fairly soon.

This is one of the best shows I've ever seen on television! :emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup:

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Regarding my comment about Nathan flying, by "believable" I mean that it appeared real looking the way it was executed, he just took off with no sound and then came the sonic boom, it looked to me what a person would actually look and sound like if they could fly that fast.

The visual effects were also top notch which only added to the realism. :emoji_thumbsup:

Now if we could only get Clark to do that on Smallville...

:cool:

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Hmmm...I kinda disagree with a lack of fatherly concern on Claire's father's part -- remember, there was his whole "I-hope-you'll-do-something-better-with-your-new-life-than-you-have-so-far" speech to the QB, which strikes me as something a concerned father would indeed say; some shot at eventual moral redemption for the douchenozzle.

He pretty much had every chance to mustache-twirl and go all evil after he pulled the hospital bed curtain back, and he didn't, even when no one else could've possibly heard him...rather, he lectured the kid, albeit with some cathartic sadism thrown in. Likely the news of Claire's rape shocked him almost as much -- but not quite -- as anything he's learnt concerning the other "specials," but how far this fatherly protection'll go when push comes to shove remains to be seen.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Which he could have done much more effectively and certainly by killing him. Instead he chooses to give the kid another chance. I don't think he's going to turn out to be a one-dimensional villain, at least I hope he doesn't, because that isn't realistic. The Monster never sees a Monster in the mirror. Even people who do horrible things often have some rationalization to justify them, some "greater good" that they're serving, however deillusional. There's no reason he can't see himself as her protector and the one advancing the experiment that she's a part of. (Or working against it, we really don't know.) He might not see any conflict or contradiction between the two roles. But it would obviously make for more interesting drama if he really does care about her than if he is just a "I'm evil 'cause I like being evil" central-casting bad guy. Because if he does really care for her, that opens the possibility that his roles as protector and agent will come into conflict, and that he'll have to choose one or the other. No matter what choice he made that would change him, change the story and change his relationship to the cheerleader irrevocably.

Regards,

Joe

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
My boss and I were talking about the show and we got to talking about Peter's mimic ability and my boss made a good point, he said that Nathan's flying ability would really be of no use to Peter because in order for it to be effective, Peter would need to remain in close proximity to his brother.

Otherwise Peter would take off and then immediately begin to plummet unless he and his brother were flying in tandem.

I can't wait to see Peter's reaction to what he can do once he's in Claire's presance lol. :D

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Hasn't it been established that Peter retains abilities for a (short) time after encountering someone? He always mentions that he drew the future after meeting Isaac. I don't think there's been any sort of criteria for when that wears off - or, for that matter, how many abilities he can absorb at once.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Hmmm, I can't recall if that was established or not, Jason, i'm wondering now.

But I think that if Peter were in the same room with all of them he could conceivably call upon each of their abilities if he wanted to.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

That's what I thought he did, but when he still retained the abilty to speak I knew that he didn't totally clean him out. When Claire went in to talk to him I expected him to be looking all around and drooling since he, in effect, had returned to infancy in his head.

That would have been fitting justice, to have the kid have to learn everything all over again, speak, walk and how not to shit himself lol.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Great ratings on the overnights. Better then the premiere, #1 show amongst adults in it's slot, even beat CSI amongst adults. That's a big win. NBC has to be happy with the performance. Deal or No Deal and Heroes are doing very well for NBC on Mondays.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
On one hand, how boring. It made perfect sense for her husband (who had disappeared) to be working for glasses dude's covert program. It all clicked into placed perfectly and was a pretty awesome surprise, so I guess my mind saw what it wanted to. I had assumed that he'd used his mind-erasing powers to erase his presence from Nikki's mind.

That said, it will be interesting to have a more morally ambiguous (rather that outright evil as Eraser seems to be) and not completely submissive black character on that show. Come to think of it, all of the press leading up to the premiere mentioned a character that woke up outside of his jail cell each morning. My guess is that character was re-written and changed into Nikki's husband.

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
I thought it was the same guy until I saw her husband in the preview I think.

Help me out, after Darling Nikki kicked the guy's arse in the elevator and had him down on the ground it sounded like she warned him to not mess with "our" son. :confused:

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member

WOW!!! I don't know if that was ever discussed but I wouldn't have never placed Peter as a mimic. It does explain his ability to fly close to his brother, his ability to finish painting the picture in the presence of the artist and now it might explain why Hiro was able to stop time around him since he possess the ability as a mimic. If that's true then that really explains Peter's importance. Future Hiro seeks him out and no one else. Dude you just added a level of excitement for next week and the course of the show. Thanks.

JodyL

Agent
Real Name
Jody

Our son = nice Nikki and nasty Nikki's son.

The Sybil "we" (as opposed to, say, the royal "we").

The two Nikkis are aware of each other's separate existences (one seemingly more so than the other).

JodyL

Agent
Real Name
Jody

Or "Rogue".

Anyone else want to grab a pair of shears and cut that dangling pile of hair that keeps falling down in front of Peter's face? :P

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Well, there's a bunch of different types of memory. I'm guessing that Eraser wiped out experiences, and knowledge that was heavily tied to those experiences, but he probably can't destroy skills and knowledge tied to those.

Where that leave's the kid's personality, I don't know. He may still tend to be a jackass but not have the context to decide who to screw over yet, or he may wind up acting differently because his brain isn't referencing the events that lead him to jackassesry when the opportunity arrives. Of course, the show probably isn't going to spend much time addressing the nature of identity as it relates to this character, but it's fun to think about.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
In the pre-production early-draft pilot script that made the rounds this past year (before it got substantially rewritten and finally shot), the "Houdini-Jail-Cell" character was much more of a prominent player in the series, right from the first episode (IIRC). Figure on much of that probably getting retained in Niki's babydaddy coming up, but exactly how much, can't really say.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks