What's new

Heroes season 1 thread (1 Viewer)

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean

Yes, it's been discussed in this thread...in detail...over and over.. ;)

But to summarize, the point of shooting him was to blow his brains out, TO KILL HIM. There would be no regeneration, that was the point. That's why Claire was hesitant to blow his brains out, and that's why Nathan chose to save the city and Peter by letting him explode (as opposed to saving the city by letting Claire blow his brains out) but getting him out of (or high above in this case) the city. Though the implication there is that Nathan was sacrificing himself so that Peter could live (after he explodes).

More in depth discussion is probably just a few pages back.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

And Peter himself wouldn't actually have exploded. He would have discharged a lot of energy in the form of blast and heat, but would not have been torn into little bitty pieces and scattered all over the landscape. Even he couldn't recover from that. :)

Regards,

Joe

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
And he must be immune from the radiation even without Claire's power, since her skin was peeled off when Ted had a close call, but Ted was fine.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean

Yeah, I think it's pretty certain that part of the "radioactive man power" is immunity to the effects of the radiation you give off. Otherwise, Ted would have died like his wife did.

TV555

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tom Veryal
Anyone, else surprised radioactive man/Ted was not actually a Middle Eastern guy or is the threat of a bomb, good enough fearmongering ;)?

Why does everyone assume Nathan died? Is it b/c of the sad sacrifice music? He'll be around in Season 2.

Was Peter ever near Micah and Molly? Those are good powers to have?

Where was the invisible guy laughing at him like in that one episode?

Did that invisible bastard/dad drag off Sylar, b/c Sylar is going to eat his brains. I wonder if he uses a knife and fork or he gets primitive and just goes in mouth first.
Let's assume Sylar sees how the guys brain works and manipulates these powers. How does he do it to himself w/o dying or there being any noticeable marks?
I don't think he eats the brains, I think he meticulously takes them apart like a "watch fixer guy."

When will Peter open a special kids school or get a haircut?

Since, Claire can heal, couldn't you rip out her organs and stem cells for those that needed them and she will just make new ones. Wouldn't she be a virgin for life ;)?

You remember firewoman/Claire's Mom, she's a goner.

Whatever, happened to all that BS about Suresh tracking people w/ strings across the US. No one ever explained his DNA GPS system.

Rocky F

Second Unit

1. Actually, in the original pilot, there was a terrorist bomb threat, it was changed to Ted.

2. I assume he died because he doesn't have regenerative powers, even if he was able to somehow throw Peter and fly away, he would have died from radiation. I don't think he'll be around in Season 2, except maybe in flashbacks.

3. I don't remember him getting too close to either of them, maybe next season.

4. Well, in that vision the whole encounter took place in the daytime, so things were obviously different. Who's to say Claude wasn't nearby, just invisible?

5. I agree that he doesn't "eat the brains" he just studies them and is able to figure out how to use those powers.

6. Who knows?

7. You're not the first person to mention this, AICN's Harry Knowles did a whole article about it several months ago.

8. OK

9. Don't know.

Just my opinions, of course.

Edit: I really didn't mean to post all that twice, sorry.

Chris Roberts

Stunt Coordinator
I forget, why didn't Peter just leave the city forever after having his exploding dream? He stayed knowing he could be responsible for thousands of deaths.

TV555

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tom Veryal
You think all their powers are just in infancy.
Will Parkman develop into Professor X?
Umm.. couldn't Sylar if sucessful in "any" potential timeline start travelling through time and eat a Peter early on in life to gain his power?
Any time traveler is just too powerful. I wonder who will come back from the dead next season. That's always a cool trick to take up an episode. Is Mohindar the cure?
I bet Molly is evil, the little sweet girl who turns out being the Devil...

Nigel McN

Supporting Actor
I really enjoyed the show and thought the final episode was pretty damn good.

I get confused by some of the comments like 'the whole season was building up to the Sylar vs Peter fight' and they were disappointed at how it wasn't huge. The arc of the season was "Stopping the 'bomb' from blowing up NY", that was the conclusion of Volume 1. And Peter and Sylar had fought, ending badly for Peter twice before.

Sylars visions took him to Kirby Plaza, and his visions couldn't go beyond that point (they flashed in his eyes), I think he did really die, but that's not the end of the story. Consider he has *died* before, at least once.

I did however dislike the whole Sylar/Sylars body is snuck away somehow without anyone noticing.

I always thought it was well established that Peter had an extremely rudimentary control over his powers. And he says something to that effect in just before his brother flies him away.

I don't think Shaft's power is to see invisible people, I believe it was something to do with dreams/projection and Peter picked it up off him when he was his nurse.

One theory I haven't seen much of, but I thought came into play was Peter overloading on powers in general, rather than simply being unable to control the explodey power. Isn't that what made him sick earlier in the season, his body changing from the new powers?

I am 50/50 on Nathan coming back, he could be dead, but there is always a way for him to return, mainly I see that he could fly high enough and drop Peter , then doubletime it away.

Oh and I just watched a couple of shows for the first time this week and they both had Heroes links

I watched Grey's Anatomy for the RiffTrax and Mohinder is one of the young doctors watching the appendictomy from the observation room.

And I also saw Gilmore Girls and Eden McCain/Nora Zehetner was some 1 liner girl in a Chilton hallway.

I got a laugh because had I seen either of those shows when they were new neither of those bit parts would have been notable.

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jose Martinez
If anyone remembers the first show of Heroes, Mohinder makes a comment in his classroom that God could be a cockroach. Now, flashforward to the last scene of volume one. Wasn't that a big cockroach?

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
While watching G4 this weekend, (God I love me some Women of Ninja Warriors) they ran a blurb stating that the season one set for Heroes will include 50 deleted scenes, and an alternate ending.

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jose Martinez
Now that the DVD and HD DVD boxed sets are out, has anyone seen the unaired Pilot that's included? Most of it was the same except for

Parkman's storyline and a little bit of Mohinder's. Imagine how different the show may have been if they didn't change the Parkman storyline and Mohinder's first meeting with Sylar!

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
The change in Parkman's storyline made a huge difference in my mind. It seemed like I was watching the super hero version of 24 during his part of the pilot. Fortunately, they gave Parkman a better story and took the good elements of the terrorist story and put them into the much better storyline later in the season.

And Sylar (in the pilot) looked like he was going to flash Mohinder as opposed to being even remotely threatening. :)

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
I just had a thought after getting through Chapter 8, and remembering the end of Season One. Does anyone think it's possible that the man that's so terrifying for the little radar girl could be Peter and Nathan's father? All we know is that he supposedly died with heart trouble, and he was working with Linderman.

I can't wait until this show's back on the air the 24th!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks