What's new

Heroes season 1 thread (1 Viewer)

CherylJ

Stunt Coordinator

The tattoo was on Mirror-Niki's back, but I don't think we've seen it on regular Niki. And in that shot of her waking up in the hotel bed, we saw her shoulder, but I don't think the tattoo was there.

So either it's not on regular Niki, or for some reason, she hasn't noticed it, or they are just not making it a point of showing the audience that it's there. But I really think the tattoo is only on Mirror-Niki. (Although I don't know how that would work, but that's true for most things on this show.)

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
Jerome, I'm with you man. For the life of me, I also did not put 2 and 2 together, regarding Peter's powers. I just thought the he could fly. And then when future Hiro stopped time and Peter wasn't affected by it, I thought nothing of it. And when Peter's eyes went white and he started finishing the painting that Isaac started, I just thought that was another power that Peter was manifesting.

Damn, I gotta start paying more attention. :D

Great frigging show. It drives me insane when they start showing next week's previews because that means the episode is over. I haven't been this compelled about a TV show since the first season of Lost.

Chris Roberts

Stunt Coordinator

I was thinking that I had only noticed it in some shots of her and not others, but I had no way to check.

On another note, I don't think glasses-man had the QB wiped out due to some standard procedure. If that were the case he should have wiped the kid who shot the videotape of Claire killing herself repeatedly. I don't think he's even evil as he hasn't killed anyone that I can think of and has definitely had the opportunity if he wanted to. Compared to Claire's solution of killing the QB I'd say the mindwipe for a fresh start in life was merciful.

Andrew Beacom

Supporting Actor
Have we been told where Claire is? The brothers and the painter are in NY, the cop is in CA and Hiro is in LV. Unless she is in one of those places they are going to have to travel to her once they locate her. It will be interesting to see how they manage to find her. Does the painter come up with the location via his power or do they google "cheerleaders with super powers" and find stories about the train rescue?

Andrew Beacom

Supporting Actor
So they just need to get Hiro to go and save the day. If Claire wasn't already freaked out by her own powers what will she do when she meets someone else with powers?

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Peter flatly stated his powers of mimicry before this week's episode (last week actually). He said something like maybe he takes on the powers of those near him. It's not like the show wasn't blunt as to how his powers worked.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I believe that Claire would at first be alarmed by them but ultimately would feel better that there are others like her, she seems like she feels isolated and alone most of the time.

Marlon

Agent
Real Name
Marlon
you guys should check out the graphic novel on nbc.com. It gives more background on the characters' stories...

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Hiro is a hoot! :laugh:

He comes to America to save the world, makes a phone call, and the guy who answers gives him a message from his non-dorkwad, future self to get him started on his quest. How cool is that? Even without any super-human powers, I have to believe that someone as genuinely well-intentioned as Hiro would surely find a way to save the world if the world indeed needed saving. He's all heart, and definitely worthy of the title "Hero".

Regarding the elastic pajama waistband withstanding supersonic flight: It could be the case that Nathan's flying ability is facilitated by a force field surrounding him (and his elastic waistband) that both propels him and protects him from the wind and G-forces associated with flight. He may well be able to drink tea and play chess on a side table while executing 90-degree turns at mach 1.2.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

And in fact he probably has to have such a field in order not to breath at high speed, not have his skin burn off, etc. and so forth. There would be limits to what the field can do, of course, but he'd have to have something like it to pull this off.

Regards,

Joe

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Finally watched monday's ep, and eh... it's all the vindication I need wrt to Claire's moral compass. She knows what she did was wrong. Glad to see the creator of the show don't share the same fucked up values as many of you guys :P.

This show is so good I am actually nervous, I hope to god the writers have a decent plan and know where all this is going.

--
H

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Given Masi Oka(Hiro)'s ILM background, Hiro's lightsabering in the car after he finds out his future self has a sword was hilarious. Hiro and Ando are quite a duo.

The Niki subplot did occupy a little too much time, but at least we finally got to see Dark Niki in action, as well as DL's power as well.

Claire's subplot was also purposefully uncomfortable and unconvincing, but her stepdad seems to be pulling a lot strings, including siccing Eden on Mohinder and then Isaac.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks