What's new

Heroes season 1 thread (1 Viewer)

EricW

Senior HTF Member
i'm half-thinking Mohinder is on to the girl and fake-leaving NY to get her off his trail...

John Swarce

Second Unit
Great episode. I am enjoying the Niki/Dark Niki subplot quite a bit. The door almost breaking in two when Hiro and Ando were hiding was a great shot. I really want to see Dark Niki in action and I don't at the same time!

I had a feeling that Claire's Mom and Dad were...not.

Can anyone tell me what happened after Eden went to see Isaac? My DVR cut off at the point where she said "Isaac....." when he opened his door. Did it just end like that?

John

Sean*O

Second Unit
Same thing with me... DVR cut off right at that point.

Pissed me off.

I hate when they play games like that. I can't watch the episode at their website because my firewall goes berserk, and frankly, that usually means no good. I'm not going to risk dropping my firewall to see the ending.

Whoever is currently calling the shots at NBC needs to understand something -I am not going to be in front of the TV Monday from 9:00 to 10:00 or 10:05 to watch this show. My schedule simply does not allow for that. If they want me watching at all, it has to be via DVR. If they keep up the gimmicks with ending the show after the hour, it's not going to force me to tune in, only to stop watching altogether.

Yeah, I know I could just schedule and record whatever program they have on after to avoid situations like these, but there is never any warning, and I can't schedule a bunch of extra programming to record every week as a safety net. It may or may not have been their intent, but it feels like a big "F-You" to DVR viewers by the Network.

Not happy about that at all.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It does end with Niki knocked out cold and on the floor with a swirling camera on her. Mohinder says some concluding words on evolution leading up to the choice to survive or perish.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Same thing happen to me as well. I recorded the show, because I was too tired to watch it live. I just wanted to throw something at the TV when it cut off before the end.

And I don't want to hear that I should set my VCR to end at 10:05, usually because I have it switch to another network in the next hour.

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
I just set it to record until 10:05...I only watch two shoes (this and BG) so no biggie for me. But I understand how frustrating it is for those of you who want to watch another show (on another network) at 10:00.

Don't forget that Heroes is on SciFi on Fridays too.

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
ABC is really good about telling tivo when Lost is going to run as much as 7 minutes over and tivo adjusts the recording data appropriately. NBC should take a cue. I was very surprised when my dvr cut off, but luckily I watch Friday Night Lights and so we had the extra couple of minutes.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
This show really continues to impress. I'm wondering though where it goes after they stop the bomb blast. That seems to be the driving force for season 1, though the timeframe basically means since the bomblast occurs right after the election it will happen soon.

So, where do the Heroes go after that? I'm interested in that angle ;)

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
So is Nikki just knocked out or is she dead? It looked like it in the pre-cog painter of her on the floor.

Chris Roberts

Stunt Coordinator
I had suspected Mohinder's neighbor of being a plant from the start so no surprise there. What's surprising is he isn't suspicious of her motives for repeatedly trying to get him to continue his fathers work.
One thing I did make note of before was in the future when Hiro goes to Isaac's apartment and finds him dead there is a gun on the floor. It looks just like the gun she took from the repair-man to save Mohinder. Now that she's met up with Isaac I wonder if it will turn out to be that same gun.

I thought Niki was dead at the end of the episode. Unless she has regeneration powers I don't see how she can survive having DLs arm through her and for him it was a kill or be killed situation. She's a villain, albeit a sympathetic one, and DL's a hero "like Superman".

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I wonder if Clare's regenerative power is transferable to someone else. So if Niki is dead can Claire bring her back? Is Niki really dead or just knocked out? Again the show goes by way too fast. Mondays can't get here soon enough.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Hopefully Nikke is not dead, her power would be interesting to see in full effect. She threw DL and smashed the closet. She pounded those guys so much in the room she cracked the door to the bathroom. She's got strength, rage, and a bit of psychosis. They can make her a good person if she told everybody that the people she killed were all bad:laugh:. Kind of liked the Nikki subplot because it may help explain Micah's power since you had two people with powers produce a child. Hiro's sidekick is not so much of a dummy after all his journey comment was interesting.

What happens after they stop the bomb, now this is my speculation:
Hiro's future appearance I think identify that the next step after the bomb will be a struggle between good and evil with mankind in the middle of it.
Another first rate episode.

Andrew Beacom

Supporting Actor
I don't find the Nikki stuff as interesting but I can't see them killing her off this quickly. I love the stuff with Hiro and his buddy. Its just so funny and sincere at the same time.

Claire's Dad seems to be pulling a lot of strings and to be a few steps in front of our Hero's. They are going to need a lucky break if they are to save the day. Unless Claires Dad ends up helping them out to avert the disaster. Which could still leave him as a possible bad guy but just one not willing to sacrifice NY.

Chris Roberts

Stunt Coordinator

I don't think putting your hand through someone's chest just knocks them out. So it depends if her powers include some kind of regeneration. Mohinders commentary over her body kind of implied she was dead too. And if she isn't dead she will try to kill DL since he took their son and knows the truth about her.
I think DL is a hero and Niki isn't a hero. She's a thief and a murderer who has no problem killing even her innocent husband. The best villains aren't black & white so the fact that there's a good-Niki makes her a good villain. But then again good-Niki did bury the bodies and seemed to be in agreement with dark-Niki about taking the blood money and running with it. Making even good-Niki to be morally ambiguous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks