What's new

Disney+ Marvel's What If? (1 Viewer)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
another episode that begs for a sequel.
This is why I think they should just spend multiple episodes at a time per scenario. I would very much like to see what happens next here, but if they return to this concept in a year or two, it won't be as effective as if they continued it now. I would much rather see an interesting scenario play itself ut for two or three episodes consecutively so that you get the full impact of the story at once instead of having to switch scenarios every week after 20 minutes with each one. There is no reason for them to jump around so much when there are so many scenarios that barely scratch the surface. I seriously hope they consider multi-episode story arcs in future seasons.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
This is why I think they should just spend multiple episodes at a time per scenario.
That was always my problem with the What If? comic book. They generally (always?) crammed the setup and the entire story in a 24-page comic when the story it was riffing on was usually multiple issues. It didn't give the What If? story room to breath and made everything feel cramped.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I enjoyed this episode (not so much the zombie one) but it did end while begging the question of what happens next. I think less time should be spent recreating moments from the films and more time devoted to examining what happens when those key moments deviate.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I was just reminded that me have now seen 3 episodes which included Chadwick Boseman. I thought that was all, but looking at his imdb page it appears there are two more.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I thought that was all, but looking at his imdb page it appears there are two more.
I read somewhere that there were four total with him, but can't remember where. I'm not prepared for the last one to air. It would almost have been nice if they saved the T'Challa as Star Lord episode for last because it focused so much on him.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
One of my friends loved WandaVision and Loki but wasn't really into The Falcon and the Winter Soldier and just watched it because he felt like he had to in order to follow the ongoing MCU storyline.

I think I am beginning to feel like that with regard to What If. It's well made and at least reasonably enjoyable every week, but it is very hit or miss for me. I might be in the minority on this but this is one of those episodes I didn't like as much. I probably wouldn't be watching it consistently if it wasn't Marvel.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
A couple of observations on this season.

As the season continues on we have been seeing more of the Watcher’s real face.
In the beginning he was mostly a shadow. Now we can see his face we know what he looks like.
He is less apparition and more embodied. (Did I use that correctly? 😗)

The other thing is that the last handful of eps have basically ended before the complete story was told, cliffhangers if you will.

There are two left in the season right? I wonder if these loose ends are going to lead to something in this season or into one of the movies that are coming up.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I wonder if these loose ends are going to lead to something in this season or into one of the movies that are coming up.
My guess is that they will lead to "sequel" episodes next season. But as I've already noted, I think it would be more effective to play out a scenario in its entirety over multiple episodes, especially because it will probably be at least a year before next season comes along.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
My guess is that they will lead to "sequel" episodes next season. But as I've already noted, I think it would be more effective to play out a scenario in its entirety over multiple episodes, especially because it will probably be at least a year before next season comes along.
Even if it is a year in the future for the sequel episode, since they are all streaming, all the episodes will be right there on Disney+ and viewers can easily select part 1 to watch before seeing part 2.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Who knows if some of this may also spill over into one or more of the many multiverse themed films coming over the next couple years. While this show may turn out to be a standalone endeavor, it also may not.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The series hasn't really been grabbing me; however, the episode with Frat boy Thor wasn't too bad. It did capture some of the humor from the live action films.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Who knows if some of this may also spill over into one or more of the many multiverse themed films coming over the next couple years. While this show may turn out to be a standalone endeavor, it also may not.
I speculated earlier that I would be surprised if there are not at least references to an episode or two in the multiverse themed films and shows. It might even be more than that. We'll just have to wait and see.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Wow! Ok, this episode re-introduced the 'Oh shit!' factor. Addressed many of the issues people have been complaining about of the show. Tied in previous episodes, not self contained, surprise stars left out of credits and put in at the end.

Can't wait for next week which I believe is the finale?

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Wow! Ok, this episode re-introduced the 'Oh shit!' factor. Addressed many of the issues people have been complaining about of the show. Tied in previous episodes, not self contained, surprise stars left out of credits and put in at the end.

Can't wait for next week which I believe is the finale?
Yes 1 more episode left. I have enjoyed this series.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Wow that was amazing.

When that one person did that thing to that other person. Holy cow.
Can’t wait to see what the finale brings us.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Yes, quite the shocker. I did not expect many of the things that occurred this episode. Looking forward to the finale.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks