What's new

Help me name my PC (1 Viewer)

DougWright

Stunt Coordinator
Here is one that merges my love of Computers, Home Theater and Disney.

I have named all my machines after Disney Characters, minie is Mickey, wife's laptop is Minnie (cause its small...) and my wireless handheld is of course Pinocchio (Yes my wife called me a geek for that one :b ).

Unfortunately my HTPC/PVR is just called PVR, can anyone come up with a name that will give my wife another reason to call me names ;)

Thanks,

DougWright

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks guys, I was hoping for something that has a double meaning, like piniocchio/wireless... I will say it again I am a geek.

Chip would kind of have meaning for any kinda computer (so it could do in a pinch).

Anyone else?

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
you couldn't have picked an easier naming system like Transformers?

What Disney charactors record or project?

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
How about Merlin, from The Sword in the Stone? He recorded things in his various books, and aged backwards (so he could not only rewind live TV, he could rewind life itself. :))

Regards,

Joe

(Whose has a server named Kosh, a desktop named Sheridan, a laptop called Delenn, and two PVRs - Londo and G'Kar. :) Did somebody say, "Geek"? :D)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I prefer to name my gear after female characters. My PVRs are named Winifred and Lorelai. :)

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
figures that, like me, you'd use B5 character names. I have a Sheridan (home automation server), Delenn (wife's laptop) and Valenn (my laptop). Garibaldi, my Linux box, got shot in the back and then quit working a few years later. ;)

And Merlin is a good choice for a PVR.

Dave Simpson

Second Unit
Wow, you guys really are geeks! I've always named my desk-top PCs something sensible, like HAL9000, or M5. Sheesh! :D Cheers.

DS.

Walter Scott

Agent
All of our computers are named after characters from Reboot. My desktop is Andraia, my wife's laptop is Ray Tracer, and the HTPC is, of course, Mike the TV. Out network workgroup is Mainframe.

Kimmo Jaskari

Screenwriter
"Little Helper"? No stretch considering what the PVR does. ;)

Of course, that would make you Gyro Gearloose the inventor...

Maybe "General Snozzie"? The Official Hound of the Junior Woodchucks, whose nose can detect any substance on command...

These are all from old-ish Disney, 70s and so on. Lots of fun info to be found on the Internet! :)

Me? My main computer has always been "Slacker"... until lately when I got a really fast little toaster-sized Aopen Cube, so that became Hypercube. The file server is now still Slacker, though.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

That didn't register when I read your first post, but I love it. My two PVRs are named for characters who wrote books "recording" their times.

Regards,

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks