What's new

Have you memorized an entire movie or movies? (1 Viewer)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Have you been able to watch a movie enough that you know the entire film by heart?
I hope so! It would be pretty tough to NEVER see Airplane!, Young Frankenstein or Raising Arizona again! :) (OK, I misunderstood the question, but my response still makes sense!)
I don't have them "memorized" in that I could recite the whole movie in front of the class, but I'd have no problem chattering along accurately while the movie is running.

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
I don't have them "memorized" in that I could recite the whole movie in front of the class, but I'd have no problem chattering along accurately while the movie is running.
Exactly. And the movies that I am usually the most "tempted" to recite the dialogue while watching the movie are: Amadeus, Cape Fear (1991), and Sling Blade. I can really annoy friends and family when I do this! :)

Ash Williams

Second Unit
When I was about 6 years old I memorized Conan the Destroyer. I watched it everyday when I got home from school and had every line down to a T. I haven't seen it now for about 15 years, so I don't think I could resite every line again.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Yeah I think I've watched 'Enter The Dragon' enough times since the 1970's to have memorised every line of the film, I've seen it well over 100 times! At least 20 times in the cinema.
When I watch it with some of my old mates we shout out every line along with the actors, not a pleasant experience for the unsuspecting visitor.:D
Holy Grail is another one I know very well indeed, I'm currently trying to memorise the Japanese track on the dvd (which is still hysterically funny for some reason) just to scare of unwanted guests.

Ryan L B

Supporting Actor
I know all of the lines from Scary Movie. But I had a friend who knew every single line from Mrs. Dobtfire.

paul o'donnell

Second Unit
I've got about 90% of a handful of movies memorised. Only one is totally replayable in my mind and that's Jaws. Since I watched it about 50 times in 3 weeks when I was 9 years old. lol.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
I worked at movie theaters for 10 years, 8 of them as a projectionist so I have most of the movies that played there permanently imprinted on my brain. Some that I never cared to see more than once but did anyway were Mrs. Doubtfire, A Few Good Men and The Firm.

Movies I can recite almost word for word are:

Revenge of the Nerds

Better Off Dead

Halloween I and II

Friday the 13th

Anne M

Agent
Movies I have memorized:
Gone With the Wind
The Sound of Music
Anne of Green Gables
The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
Pride and Prejudice
Cinderella

I tended to watch the same movies over and over again in my childhood. ;)

Bob McLaughlin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob
Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Animal House (ah, college..)

The Wizard of Oz (didn't even try to, it just happened!)

Miles_W

Second Unit
I don't like to admit this but when I first got my first Ld player and a prologic reciever, I logged a lot of miles with Top Gun... had it down pat!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks