What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Grimm Season One (1 Viewer)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Good ending and a promising way to go for season two. I loved Nick taking charge when it look like he was going to be beaten to a pulp.

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Nick seems to be growing more confident in his Grimm skills. Could see the last word coming from the minute she entered the residence. Great ending and many directions for the fall. So glad this is returning.
Doug

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I have a feeling
with Juliette passing out and waking up demonized, the reset button is going to be hit on her knowing next season.
I thought this wasn't the finale, because my DVR still has Grimm listed for next Friday. Some misflagging going on with the repeat, I guess.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
It's refreshing when a US series is filmed in the place it's set in, in the case of Grimm, being filmed in Portland, Oregon.

How were the ratings for Grimm on NBC this season?

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Originally Posted by WaveCrest /t/315821/grimm/120#post_3927965
It's refreshing when a US series is filmed in the place it's set in, in the case of Grimm, being filmed in Portland, Oregon.

It often won the time period in 18-49 but generally finished third in total audience. However, for an NBC show, it's one of their shining success stories.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Will comment on it further, but for now I'll say that the episode "Island of Dreams" was very enjoyable and one of the season's best so far.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by Greg_S_H /t/315821/grimm/120#post_3928258
And now you've met Rosalee, my friend.

Took a while before the character's name registered, but Rosalee was the sister of the deceased 'spice shop' owner (this was the description given in the episode's description in the TV listings)? Now I was thinking Danielle Panabaker was going to reappear in "Island of Dreams", following the very end of the previous episode when the female fire-eater walked unscathed out of the 'dragon's lair', and also play the sister of the spice shop owner.

The thing with the 'spice shop' description, is that in the last episode when he appeared, he was selling other stuff in the shop (can't remember what it was (it was pricey) which Monroe went in the shop to fetch for Nick (who was standing outside), but it wasn't a spice.

There was some nice use of camera angles (wide and slanted, Nick and Hank being ambushed in the empty two floor house by the two spice shop robbers was an example), a very satisfyingly shot and acted action scene in the 'Island of Dreams' (they should do something in a future episode with Chinese lanterns on a lake). And what was that music track being played in the 'Island of Dreams'?

There wasn't just the main A-plot with the two robbers and them seeking a very powerful and addictive drug, and the sister's quest for justice. There was a side plot with Hank and some not so good biscuits/cookies prepared by the blonde from the early part of this season, with help from the Captain. They did look delicious though (the biscuit/cookie mixture didn't look too appetising though). Liked that eerie shot at the end with the ghostly hand on Hank's shoulder. This side plot surprised me as I thought Nick was the target. What was all this in aid of?

Was Sergeant Wu eating a leftover sandwich from the settee/sofa cushion? Didn't think he was going to be involved in the side plot with the hallucogenic (sp?) cookies/biscuits. Good to see him more in the show this week.

Please tell me Rosalee will return for another episode? Can totally see her being Monroe's companion. She's easy on the eye and down to earth.

Does Portland, Oregon get much snow in the late fall/early winter? With this episode being the 15th (out of 22), it must be close to being the last episode of Grimm filmed last year. Haven't seen any sign of snow yet.

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
WaveCrest said:
Does Portland, Oregon get much snow in the late fall/early winter? With this episode being the 15th (out of 22), it must be close to being the last episode of Grimm filmed last year. Haven't seen any sign of snow yet.
Not much at 2.4 inches yearly, however rain is over 36 inches. Good snow is not far away though.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
WaveCrest said:
Please tell me Rosalee will return for another episode? Can totally see her being Monroe's companion. She's easy on the eye and down to earth.
I think someone said that she might even be a regular cast member in season 2.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Richard, Wu was eating sofa cushion filling. I wasn't clear on that at the time, either.
You're entering a good stretch. I think the show really came into its own with Island of Dreams, and it's just at another level from there through the finale.
Neil, no might about it. That's happening. :cool:

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
WaveCrest said:
Since Leverage is also filmed in Portland and is due to have its stories located there this season, I wonder if we'll see any crossover. Considering Robert Blanche (Franco/Bonanno) has been in both.
Yea, I realize its not probable, but still an interesting thought.
David

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
David Weicker said:
Since Leverage is also filmed in Portland and is due to have its stories located there this season, I wonder if we'll see any crossover. Considering Robert Blanche (Franco/Bonanno) has been in both.
Yea, I realize its not probable, but still an interesting thought.
David
I doubt there would be any storyline crossover, but maybe we could see an actor two appear in the background of or make a cameo in the other series.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
NeilO said:
/t/315821/grimm/120#post_3928387
Richard, Wu was eating sofa cushion filling. I wasn't clear on that at the time, either.
You're entering a good stretch. I think the show really came into its own with Island of Dreams, and it's just at another level from there through the finale.
Neil, no might about it. That's happening.

This season gets better and better. A very welcome addition to the cast for the second season.

So when Sergeant Wu was eating sofa cushion filling, was that part of the side effects of eating some of the not so good biscuits/cookies left on Hank's desk?

Next episode has Nick and his near-fiance (there was that scene in an episode not too long ago, where she found the engagement ring in the drawer, but nothing has happened since then) going on vacation.

No release date yet, but TVShowsOnDVD posted a news article on their website yesterday about a DVD and Blu-ray release of Grimm.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I wouldn't be interested in a DVD, but BR sounds good.
I'll let you watch to see what, if anything, develops with Wu.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
It appears that NBC is showing a couple of Grimm episodes this week at 10 PM. The pilot is on tonight (Monday) and the three coins episode on Tuesday night.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by Greg_S_H /t/315821/grimm/60#post_3914287
She's an Aesop!
I could have sworn they were planning their wedding in the first couple of episodes, so why is he asking her to marry him? If I'm forgetting a "time to cool off" episode, why was Hank acting like it was a big deal that he was asking?
Wu ate something weird again.
I'm digging Bree Turner. Monroe's a lucky blutbad. I hope she's made a regular next season. It's cool that she is now Nick's second Microchip, along with Monroe (who is a little jealous to have her in that role).

"The Thing with Feathers" was a mixed bag of an episode. It had an excellent set-up, with the truck driving past the Whispering Pines sign. Was thinking it was going to a Twin Peaks-like location. The set up with Nick and Juliette in the neighbouring cabin/house felt like it was something out of the Hitchcock film Rear Window, with the views from their window and the suspicion over what was going on (which was the feeding of that worm milkshake into the woman's mouth, creating that piece of gold in her neck). Thought that sequence when Nick was running through the woods, back to his and Juliette's cabin/house was done well. Just felt this part of the episode ended less satisfying than it could have been (what happened to the woman after Nick cut the piece of gold out of her neck, even though he said she was alright?)

The Monroe and Rosa-Lee scenes were were pure gold (pardon the pun). You can clearly see the chemistry between the actors and the characters they play. This was a highlight of the episode.

Sergeant Wu was now eating paper-clips. Staples and sellotape next? The Hank, blonde woman and the Captain sub-plot advanced further, and based on the promo shown after the end of this episode, for next week's installment of Grimm, it's going to be getting very interesting (in the promo was a character sitting at a table with other people, discussing another character in the show (he's played by the actor from Dexter, and who guest starred in the In Plain Sight episode "Rubble without a Cause"). Also shown in the promo was a clip from a scene with Nick talking to Monroe about Hank seeing a witch.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
NBC does appear to be showing Grimm episodes for a while,but good luck trying to follow the story. It's as if they drew cards for what episodes to run. They showed episode 1, then a few completely random ones from throughout the season. Still worth watching, but might want to find a good synopsis online to explain the progress of the show, since episode usually relies on bits and pieces from past episodes, details you'd entirely miss since you don't know their significance in later shows.
They are decent episodes and "semi-standalone", but shown in order they provide a much more cohesive storyline. Can't even tell if they are showing the entire series before next fall. Episode 16 shows Monday June 4, then nothing for over a week. Maybe they're just grabbing random episodes to fill the nightly schedule.
Could pick up the discs later, but I've been burned by to many seasons cancelled before they're truly done, so always wait until full all-season box sets come out.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Richard, yeah, there were great parts to that episode, but the neck egg bird lady was a little too weird for me. I guess I was more remembering the subplots. Still, on balance, I think the show gets it right in the run to the season finale.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samrinriya
Recent bookmarks