What's new

Green Lantern, please tell me it's not true!!! (1 Viewer)

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Ouch. Rob Schneider didnt get it?
Sounds like they are destroying Superman, F4 and now this.
You would think the studio execs would be making a movie that people would like.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Ouch. Rob Schneider didnt get it?
Sounds like they are destroying Superman, F4 and now this.
You would think the studio execs would be making a movie that people would like.

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
What's the typical Sandler character like?

-Unpleasant, rude and obnoxious to anyone he dislikes. Having an opinion contrary to the character's beliefs is enough to make you the villain of the piece.

-His relationships with his male friends are based on them constantly being the butt of Sandler's jokes, which they apparently appreciate, since they are so worthless. See also Norm McDonald's work.

-His relationships with the opposite sex are notorious for a complete lack of awareness of his mate's feelings and desires.

-Despite the above points, everyone loves the character, and will learn valuable life lessons from him in the third act.

Y'know, he MIGHT make a passable Guy Gardner... ;)

However, Gardner worked because he was the black sheep in a group of otherwise heroic characters. Gardner being a jerk without a Batman to knock him out once in a while, just wouldn't work.

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
What's the typical Sandler character like?

-Unpleasant, rude and obnoxious to anyone he dislikes. Having an opinion contrary to the character's beliefs is enough to make you the villain of the piece.

-His relationships with his male friends are based on them constantly being the butt of Sandler's jokes, which they apparently appreciate, since they are so worthless. See also Norm McDonald's work.

-His relationships with the opposite sex are notorious for a complete lack of awareness of his mate's feelings and desires.

-Despite the above points, everyone loves the character, and will learn valuable life lessons from him in the third act.

Y'know, he MIGHT make a passable Guy Gardner... ;)

However, Gardner worked because he was the black sheep in a group of otherwise heroic characters. Gardner being a jerk without a Batman to knock him out once in a while, just wouldn't work.

Sebastien S

Second Unit
Before he lost "Sinestro's" ring and became "Warrior", Guy Gardner was awesome! He was a jerk but the character damanded respect! Adam Sandler isn't worthy of such a part and would just destroy it...

The only GL I could see sandler playing would be "G'nort"!

Sebastien S

Second Unit
Before he lost "Sinestro's" ring and became "Warrior", Guy Gardner was awesome! He was a jerk but the character damanded respect! Adam Sandler isn't worthy of such a part and would just destroy it...

The only GL I could see sandler playing would be "G'nort"!

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member

And we're certain that this isn't just Millar having a laugh, like with his "Orson Welles's Batman" hoax? ;)

It would be sad to see Green Lantern mishandled, though. It has a ton of cinematic potential, seeing how it's basically superheroes mixed with Star Wars (or more accurately, it's Lensmen with costumes).

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member

And we're certain that this isn't just Millar having a laugh, like with his "Orson Welles's Batman" hoax? ;)

It would be sad to see Green Lantern mishandled, though. It has a ton of cinematic potential, seeing how it's basically superheroes mixed with Star Wars (or more accurately, it's Lensmen with costumes).

Gabe D

Senior HTF Member
I guess I'm the only one, but this idea sounds GREAT to me. I can't wait. Seriously. :emoji_thumbsup:

Gabe D

Senior HTF Member
I guess I'm the only one, but this idea sounds GREAT to me. I can't wait. Seriously. :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks