What's new

Green Lantern, please tell me it's not true!!! (1 Viewer)

Sean Laughter

Screenwriter
This was posted in another forum. I'm hoping it's a joke, and was wondering if anyone had any info:

Ummmmmmm . . . there are no words.

Sean Laughter

Screenwriter
This was posted in another forum. I'm hoping it's a joke, and was wondering if anyone had any info:

Ummmmmmm . . . there are no words.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
I think this is the movie where "Adam Sandler is like... in love... with some girl... and she turns out to be a Golden Retriever, or something."

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
I think this is the movie where "Adam Sandler is like... in love... with some girl... and she turns out to be a Golden Retriever, or something."

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I've always thought the time perfect for a Green Lantern film, what with the advances in CGI. But if this is true...I may go nuts like Hal Jordan eventually did (but having 10 rings adorning my fingers would be cool).

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I've always thought the time perfect for a Green Lantern film, what with the advances in CGI. But if this is true...I may go nuts like Hal Jordan eventually did (but having 10 rings adorning my fingers would be cool).

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
Mark Millar broke the news on his forum... Sandler will indeed play GL.

Great going, Warner! Just keep on letting Marvel destroy you at the box office.

Keanu Reeves as John Constantine
Halle Berry as Catwoman
Adam Sandler as Green Lantern

Holy fuck, this is beyond pathetic. At least there's still Batman Begins...

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
Mark Millar broke the news on his forum... Sandler will indeed play GL.

Great going, Warner! Just keep on letting Marvel destroy you at the box office.

Keanu Reeves as John Constantine
Halle Berry as Catwoman
Adam Sandler as Green Lantern

Holy fuck, this is beyond pathetic. At least there's still Batman Begins...

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
A SLIGHT glimmer of hope: Millar has said he's going to make a last-minute pitch for the property tonight. Given that he's just about the biggest writer in comics right now, and has already been signed to write an as-yet-undisclosed superhero flick, in addition to his creator-owned properties, he might have a shot.

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
A SLIGHT glimmer of hope: Millar has said he's going to make a last-minute pitch for the property tonight. Given that he's just about the biggest writer in comics right now, and has already been signed to write an as-yet-undisclosed superhero flick, in addition to his creator-owned properties, he might have a shot.

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor
I've checked the calendar... no, it's not April 1st.

This is beyond my comprehension... how could Warner POSSIBLY green light this project?!?! Who is the holy hell is the casting agent? Who the crap is the producer? Who is the executive behind this incredibly BAD decision?

Way to alienate the DC fans! Adam Sandler would make a good sidekick (I could see him as Hal Jordan's "Pieface"... not as Hal Jordan!), or maybe even a cameo as a member of the corps. But the title character? WTF?!??!

This is destined to bomb. It'll upset the DC fans, as probably will fall somewhere under "Little Nicky" in terms of quality.

:angry:

:thumbsdown:

Moe.

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor
I've checked the calendar... no, it's not April 1st.

This is beyond my comprehension... how could Warner POSSIBLY green light this project?!?! Who is the holy hell is the casting agent? Who the crap is the producer? Who is the executive behind this incredibly BAD decision?

Way to alienate the DC fans! Adam Sandler would make a good sidekick (I could see him as Hal Jordan's "Pieface"... not as Hal Jordan!), or maybe even a cameo as a member of the corps. But the title character? WTF?!??!

This is destined to bomb. It'll upset the DC fans, as probably will fall somewhere under "Little Nicky" in terms of quality.

:angry:

:thumbsdown:

Moe.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
It really is quite bizarre the treatment of characters from the DC Comics library. But then again, about a couple decades ago Marvel material was getting a similar treatment, though by now you would think folks have seen enough evidence of a GOOD adaptation of a comic book to know you don't have to go campy or comedic. I guess some people can't get their heads out of you know where...

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
It really is quite bizarre the treatment of characters from the DC Comics library. But then again, about a couple decades ago Marvel material was getting a similar treatment, though by now you would think folks have seen enough evidence of a GOOD adaptation of a comic book to know you don't have to go campy or comedic. I guess some people can't get their heads out of you know where...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks