What's new

"Green Lantern" movie news... (1 Viewer)

Rennie Cowan

Agent
Real Name
Lana Lang.
Sydney is the best place to shoot a Green Lantern movie, especially if the budget is going to be that high. Fox Studios Australia was one of the best investments Fox ever made. I visited Fox Studios Australia first-hand back in 1999 while they were building sets for Attack of the Clones. Fox Studios Australia has the largest sound stages anywhere. Glad to see DC working on other comic book characters; my thought is whether or not Green Lantern will be a dark piece. Marvel Entertainment doesn't impress me a whole lot, as their comic-book adaptations tend to be for a very young audience (17 years old and under). With films like The Dark Knight, I know that DC and WB take the comic book adaptation to whole different level.

TerryRL

Senior HTF Member
From what WB has eluded to (and especially judging by the script), the tone of "Green Lantern" will more akin to "Iron Man" than it will TDK.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
As it should be. Hal J.'s origin story should basically be a fighter pilot movie with a superhero. Top Ring.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Greg_S_H said:
As it should be. Hal J.'s origin story should basically be a fighter pilot movie with a superhero. Top Ring.
Not a fighter pilot, but a test pilot, no? There's a difference. We don't need any more "warrior" takes on characters.

Eric F

Screenwriter
Sam Favate said:
Not a fighter pilot, but a test pilot, no? There's a difference. We don't need any more "warrior" takes on characters.
Well, in the New Frontier, Hal was a fighter pilot first, then a test pilot afterwards, so he could be both. Either way the story works.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
In either case, my only point was that the movie works better if it has a similar tone to Iron Man or Top Gun rather than the Dark Knight. I was going to just say, "It should be Top Ring," but I wasn't sure if anyone would get what I was going for without any context. Not trying to insult any intelligences with that, but I sometimes know what I mean in my head but it doesn't come across.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Greg_S_H said:
In either case, my only point was that the movie works better if it has a similar tone to Iron Man or Top Gun rather than the Dark Knight.
You got that right. Dark and gritty works for the Batman character but I don't see that working for many other superhero movies.

Charles Knox

Agent
Real Name
jake
TravisR said:
You got that right. Dark and gritty works for the Batman character but I don't see that working for many other superhero movies.
A more dark and gritty plot would have worked great for Wolverine, but you are right about Green Lantern and other characters like Spiderman.

mike caronia

Second Unit
How about Vincent Chase for Hal Jordan?
He was Aquaman, so maybe DC would be scared off...but the guy needs work..
;)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I just read that Nathan Fillion saw the fan made trailer and thought it was great.

TerryRL

Senior HTF Member
Ryan Reynolds officially cast as Green Lantern.

http://weblogs.variety.com/bfdealmemo/2009/07/ryan-reynolds-is-the-green-lantern.html

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
I was hoping to see Reynolds as Flash, but this'll work. Nice to see him get a high-profile gig, and this should be a good sci-fi action film.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Cool. I think Reynolds will do fine.

By the way, here's that script review I read a year ago that has me salivating. Spoilers, obviously:

http://geekscape.net/features/view.php?featureID=689cf904ca3ed0b594de702525ae51c5

Charles Knox

Agent
Real Name
jake
I know they will eventually cast other actors for various GL Corp members, but I hope they leave out Guy, G'nort, and the chipmunk Lantern.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks