What's new

Directors Great Guys: The Draft (2 Viewers)

Gabe D

Senior HTF Member
As I quickly scrolled down through the posts to find where I left off, it looked like Andy picked Richard Mulligan. I thought that was a very weird choice. Upon closer inspection, I was mistaken.

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
The current order is:

Jefferson
Zen Butler
Walter Kittel x 2
Zen Butler
Jefferson

I'll be unavailable for quite a few hours. Zen sent me his picks and I sent them to Elizabeth. So one or the other of us (or Zen himself) will post.

On the off-chance Jefferson posts 5 minutes after I leave, Elizabeth isn't around, Zen isn't around, Walter's around...I don't want to be a hold up, Zen sent his choices to me so HE wouldn't be a hold up, Elizabeth wouldn't even know that she's a hold up...dang. Angelo, you're around, and I'd send them to you but I didn't ask you in advance if you'd want the responsibility, and I have to leave now.

Sorry, there might possibly be some more waiting involved.

And forgive me, but I haven't the faintest idea who Anthony Bourdain is. Perhaps a short bio please? Thanks!

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
Vickie:

Sure. You can send the picks to me. I'll do my best.

As requested, official (and brief) bio:

"ANTHONY BOURDAIN has been a professional chef ever since two misspent years at Vassar college in the mid-seventies. He has run kitchens at New York City's Supper Club, One Fifth Avenue and Sullivan's and is currently executive chef at the brasserie Les Halles. His non-fiction adventures in the 'culinary underbelly' are published in Kitchen Confidential (Bloomsbury). His novel Bone in the Throat is published by Canongate Crime. He lives in Manhattan with his wife, Nancy."

Kitchen Confidential is an incredible book, and shows you a glimpse of a world that you may not realize exists, at least not in a form that you would recognize. He also has a television show, derived from another book--A Cook's Tour--in which he hops the globe, drinking (generally) large quantities of decent alchohol, eating both the exotic and the mundane foods of various lands, speaking his mind (he's not fond of Emeril Lagasse or vegetarians, and he thinks that fancy German knives are vastly inferior to basic Japanese stuff) and otherwise getting into trouble.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
Good morning, everybody!

Zen's pick is:

Johnny Depp

I have taken the liberty of picking a photo for Zen for the time being.

Up next:

Walter Kittel x2
Zen Butler
Jefferson

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
My first pick is one of my favorite actors and a genuinely nice person....

James Stewart

My second pick is someone who always struck me as being a no-nonsense kind of guy who never took himself too seriously and would be great to hang out with....

Clint Eastwood

- Walter.

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
Thanks Vickie, I'm back now my second is Mr. Denzel Washington

Might I add, that Mr. Depp is horribly underated as an actor.

BTW Vickie- I changed my second pick as you can see

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Zen,

Nice pic. I will now admit I used to watch 21 Jump Street just to see Mr. Depp, who I agree has grown into a truly fine actor, who choses his roles very wisely.

Jefferson,

I don't know how much time he spends here nowadays, but Jerry used to be a common site around Vancouver. Um, if I ever see him again, maybe I can snag you a photo or something. :p)

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Jefferson, :emoji_thumbsup:

Love Jamie!

What could be better than a guy who is cute as hell AND can cook? :D

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
Back now, thanks Elizabeth!

Here's how the first round went:

1. Vickie_M - George Clooney
2. Elizabeth S - Viggo Mortensen
3. JenB - Harrison Ford
4. SteveGon - Antonio Banderas
5. Rain - Ryan Phillippe
6. Jim_K - Mel Gibson
7. Scott_MacD - Brad Pitt
8. Cary T - John Cusack
9. Gabe D - Norm MacDonald
10. Andy Olivera - David Cronenberg
11. Angelo.M - Anthony Bourdain
12. John Dhein - Samuel L. Jackson
13. ErikG - Kurt Russell
14. Jefferson - Jerry O'Connell
15. Zen Butler - Johnny Depp
16. Walter Kittel James Stewart

I had to cross a few off my list, let me tell you. Harrison, Viggo, Antonio, Brad, John, Kurt and Johnny were all on the original list I wrote up off the top of my head. This is going to get harder and harder as you all selfishly take more of my picks! :)

We're starting off eclectic, and it can only get moreso. *2* chefs! That's great! I can't cook for crap so I admire anyone who can. The only chef I know of (that I'd put on my list anyway) is Bob Blumer, The Surreal Gourmet. I've met him (back when he managed Jane Siberry) and he's way cool.

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
It would be really great if the people participating here could pay as much attention to this thread as they are to the others in the Polls area.

EricG, still your turn. :p)

ErikG

Senior HTF Member
It would be really great if the people participating here could pay as much attention to this thread as they are to the others in the Polls area.
I thought Vickie was repeating 1-12 instead of going back 12-1...

Anyways, sorry for the delay guys/gals :b

My next pick is another one of my favorite actors--the very funny, very cool Seth Green. There's not a single performance of his I haven't enjoyed. He's also close to my age and someone I'm sure I'd have a blast hanging out with.

http://uk.imdb.com/EGallery?source=s...ey=Green, Seth

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
I thought Vickie was repeating 1-12 instead of going back 12-1...
Yep, sorry about that. I didn't think of it and make it clear from the start. These Drafts are fun, but the waits are frustraing (and I've made people wait too, it's a terrible feeling). I wish I could think of a better way.

Up next:
John Dhein
Angelo.M
Andy Olivera

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks