The Sound of 007 (2022)

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Title: The Sound of 007 (2022)

Genre: Documentary, Music

Director: Mat Whitecross

Cast: Daniel Craig, Rami Malek, Michael Caine, Naomie Harris, Sam Mendes, Hans Zimmer, Cary Joji Fukunaga, Billie Eilish, Maryam d'Abo, Marc Forster, Nancy Sinatra, Paul McCartney, Tina Turner, Finneas O'Connell, Tom Jones, Thomas Newman, Lulu, George Martin, John Barry, Monty Norman, Simon Le Bon, John Taylor, Shirley Bassey, Tim Rice, John Glen, Jack White, Barbara Broccoli, Michael G. Wilson, Don Black, David Arnold, Johnny Marr, Sam Smith, Sheena Easton, Shirley Manson, Reggie Watts, Celeste, Neal Purvis, Robert Wade, Neil Brand, Jimmy Napes

Release: 2022-10-04

Runtime: 88

Plot: Pull back the curtain on the remarkable history of six decades of James Bond music, from Sean Connery’s Dr No through to Daniel Craig’s final outing in No Time to Die.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I commented about this in another thread, but I did enjoy this documentary dealing with theme songs which have paralleled my entire life. I especially enjoyed information on the first decade of songs. What I didn't like was the continual crisscrossing of timelines jumping from the 1960s to the 2020s and back with no seeming narrative plan.

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
I was also disappointed with the jumping back and forth as opposed to sequential order. Ultimately focus seems to be more about the newer artists.

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
I was also disappointed with the jumping back and forth as opposed to sequential order. Ultimately focus seems to be more about the newer artists.

I thought I would be bothered by the jumping back and forth as well, but it was so entertaining out I didn't mind. :)

I understand the documentary's greater focus on No Time To Die, since it was the most recent film, as well as John Barry, whose influence on Bond music is huge, to say the least, and, of course, Shirley Bassey. But what I found curious was that while most songs were mentioned at least briefly (Moonraker, All Time High, etc.), the songs by A-ha (who sang The Living Daylights), Sheena Easton (For Your Eyes Only) and Sheryl Crow (Tomorrow Never Dies) were essentially ignored (unless I missed a quick title flashing across the screen).

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks