What's new

Gomer Pyle the complete series DVD and METV airings (1 Viewer)

piekielrl

Grip
Real Name
Robert
Can someone here please clarify - Does the complete series DVD release have Gomer singing "This Train is a Going Home Train" from season 3 episode 22 "To Re-enlist or not to Re-enlist"? I saw the episode a week ago on METV and the song WAS there, so somewhere it is out there. I really would like to get a copy of it, or even just watch it on YouTube

Blimpoy06

Screenwriter
Real Name
Darin
I checked the DVD of the episode in question. It appears to be cut. Gomer holds a guitar in the barracks, but is never shown singing. The episode time is also short by a minute and a half.
vlcsnap-2018-05-06-13h57m45s001.png

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
What would it take to get Paramount to release the full uncut Complete Series?

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Remember the Episode Gomer and the Dragon Lady in which the platoon is on a scouting exercise and Gomer Reports in that he Saw among other things a Sign about a Ma and Pa Kettle movie? Well Guess what I found on amazon? You guessed it, the Ma and Pa Kettle Movie Collection ..:rolling-smiley::laugh:

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Can someone here please clarify - Does the complete series DVD release have Gomer singing "This Train is a Going Home Train" from season 3 episode 22 "To Re-enlist or not to Re-enlist"? I saw the episode a week ago on METV and the song WAS there, so somewhere it is out there. I really would like to get a copy of it, or even just watch it on YouTube

The singing is cut from all of the episodes. Not an important show for me but if it was, I would record the episodes and then edit the music in with the DVD versions.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
The singing is cut from all of the episodes. Not an important show for me but if it was, I would record the episodes and then edit the music in with the DVD versions.
Actually, not from EVERY episode. "The Impossible Dream" remains intact on the DVD series set, for instance.

CHEERS! :)

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The only thing missing from Gomer Pyle USMC is Gomer actually leaving the Marines to go back to Mayberry which is assumed based on gamer's appearance in Return to Mayberry

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks