What's new

Ghost Whisperer (1 Viewer)

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Yeah, I thought it was pretty obvious that Andrea's brother was going to be on the plane

The rest is interesting because I thought this might be a case where some of the people involved in an unfolding disaster are dead, but that they manage to alert Melinda far enough in advance for her to save the others. Guess not. Thanks for filling that in. I think I'll try to watch this one live next week instead of depending on the DVR. (Boy I wish TiVo would come out with a 2-tuner HD recorder, because the SA from Adelphia is so annoying that I now think it would be worth the extra money to have a good DVR and service.)

Regards,

Joe

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Yep, I added that other part. As for Andrea, I doubt that's the case.

The good news, Joseph, is that most if not all of what I told you will be recapped before next weeks ep. :emoji_thumbsup:

In this instance, since this had never happened to Melinda before, she just didn't realize what was happening in time to react, she'll know better in the future if this happens again, though.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I don't think she was seeing into the future. I think the captain was dead and the flight attendant soon followed.

On the downside, I decided to scan the paper's TV Magazine listing this week to make sure it was new. It said something to the effect of:

Melinda faces her biggest challenge when she has to cross over 1xx victims of a plane crash.

Hello! That plot development was supposed to be a mystery!

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

Of course! That makes perfect sense now that I think about it. But she was still getting omens, though, like the watch and the dove, that was symbolic big time of what was to come.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
For a flight coming from South Africa...I was surprised that only 1 or 2 of them were black.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I think Andrea's dead. I don't think the NTSB guy acknowledged her at all, which I think he would if he knew she had a connection to the flight. Plus, she said something about no one talking to her when she went to her brother's place. Then, with Melinda telling her she had something she had to tell her. . . .

Edit: I hope Aisha Tyler wanted off for a reason, because a "shock ending" isn't worth losing a main character. Maybe this'll be part of a sophomore shakeup, where Melinda has a new job and a new supporting cast. The expansion plays into it somehow, because there was no real reason to "previously on" the architect otherwise. Maybe Jim's going to quit his job (the "spend more time together" dialog) and they'll have something together. I don't know, but the antique shop and the paramedic gig were working fine for me.

Edit 2: I should clarify for those not noting the time stamp that the first paragraph was made during the episode, not after. I don't want any, "Well, no shit she's dead, Einstein!" crap from any of you. :P

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
It's funny, but Andrea, for the entire season, has been this character that has been in every episode, but I strangly never retain anything she ever said or did. In short, she was always a sort of ghost to me before she actually became one.

It sucks that she's gone, but I honestly won't really miss her because I barely ever acknowledged her to begin with.

The man in black was a real let down I thought, he was a non-threat, he didn't do anything really sinister and when they all started to cross over he just stood by and didn't say anything to try and stop them.

Overall, though, it was a very solid season finale. Now the wait begins...

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

In historic terms it hasn't been that long since apartheid was finally eliminated. I suspect that even in today's South Africa the vast majority of people with the time, money and either personal or business reasons for a trip to the United States are white.

Andrea never did much for me, either. (Well, as a character. Tyler was certainly very nice to look at. ;)) She did very little beyond filling the standard sidekick role of advancing the plot by asking the main character questions and letting the main character explain things without talking to him/herself. The problem is they also had the husband who can do that. If they've decided that the husband doesn't need a dramatic life and death job of his own to "add" to the show, I can see where they might want to lose Andrea and have him quit his job to work with Melinda.

I wasn't as disappointed as some with the Man in Black. It was menancing enough when he succeeded with some of the victims of the plane crash - and when they all suddenly dropped "down" when he led them away. Pretty obvious who and what he is (or at least who he works for), and where the souls he grabs are heading. That's menancing. Doubly so when he shows up behind Andrea in the closing moment of the show. Is he about to renew his trade offer to Melinda? One for one this time?

Regards,

Joe

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Well, they got me "Sixth Sense" style! I'd been watching the Man in Black and the Smiling Man for several weeks now in cameos in previous episodes and figured that this is where he was headed. I only hope that Ghost Whisperer doesn't suffer the same fate as Joan of Arcadia during the off-season. We all remember what happened to that show when Joan started talking to the devil! Maybe there's something about that time slot on CBS on Fridays?

;)

Actually, there are several ways this can play out. I'm not sure we've seen the last of the group of people who played "whack a mole" into the ground. And, for that matter, they've left the door wide open for Andrea to stick around by refusing to go into the light. Imagine all the plot twists possible next year. I can see it now: Andrea becomes the ultimate security device for the Antiques Store as she lurks and talks to Melissa when five-fingered discounts occur.

:laugh:

I'm kidding, of course, but maybe this is a possibility. Also, Andrea could act as a go-between for Melissa and the other side. Sort of a Humanwhisperer?

Time will tell. Like someone else mentioned, now the waiting begins.

Great season ender IMHO.

:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

RobertSiegel

Reviewer
This is my favorite new show of last season (aside from Surface). Every episode is touching, it is original, and extremely well directed. I havn't missed one episode, and neither have alot of other people, it usually lands around 20 in the ratings, out of 130-some shows that's decent, and has been renewed for next season. I watch this one many times with my mom, who has yet to see an episode and NOT cry, and a many have produced a tear myself.

This is in the true spirit of Spielberg, I thought that since the begining. I didn't know until several weeks ago that he has helped with many of the episodes, though un-credited. I KNEW IT! This is quality television! And what a great 2-part finale, with the plane crash. I am ready for the dvd eason set, bring it on! I think the rest of the cast is awesome as well.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Poet guy was sensitive to ghosts, though I don't think he could see him, so maybe that will somehow play into Andrea sticking around for a while. I more get the feeling of a second season shakeup, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks