What's new

Ghost Whisperer (1 Viewer)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Okay, I guess I'll be the brave one to start this thread. I've never seen an episode of Medium so don't know if it's a complete ripoff. My take is it's a cross between Tru Calling and Touched by An Angel. I didn't think there was anything spectacular about the show and some of it was cheesy. I did get a kick out of seeing the Prison Break guy playing the ghost soldier and the love interest from Miss Match playing her husband.

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
Medium is mainly a crime show and much grittier, this looks more like one of those "uplifting, heartwarming" shows but not as treacly as Touched by an Angel was. I actually liked it and I generally really hate "heartwarming" shows. It makes one feel good without being sickly sweet, sorta like Joan of Arcadia.

Don Black

Screenwriter
Wasn't my cup of tea at all. Perhaps I'm just used to seeing JLH in shows that target a younger audience though...

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
The tone of the show was all over the place, like the creators couldn't decide on what kind of show they wanted it to be, either heartwarming or cynical. I liked Melinda best when she tried to pretend she hadn's seen the VFW manager's wife. I was all set to drop the show by about 50 minutes in and then it became a whole 'nother, more cleverly plotted show when Melinda clued the audience in to the fact that her brother-in-law was deceased. The way the TPTB played that moment made me re-evaluate the brains of the people scripting this show for the better.

I like the premise and the actors, so I'm going to give it a few more weeks to establish itself. Besides, with the Stargate series at mideseason hiatus, there really isn't anything better to watch on Friday nights.

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
If it wasn't for JHL I wouldn't have lasted the full hour. I haven't written it off yet but it didn't win me over either.

Jason Walstrom

Supporting Actor
I thought a similar thing,"They cancelled Joan of Arcadia for this crap?" Now My wife loved 'Joan' and I groaned while watching it at first but it turned out to be a very good show with a strong cast, Chick show? Yes. But I could get into it.

Now I never judge a show on Pilot alone so I will check out the next one, But that being said this show is not as good as any of the shows that it is similar to. Medium, Joan, Touched by an Angel(lol i never watched it but bare with me)Dead Like me and they're gonna need alot to make this show worth watching.

Sooo many shows have dead people who talk to the living in a much better way where this just looks week, Rescue me, Six Feet Under and Medium and Dead Like Me that this show needs to make it not seem like we are watching a stale rip.

The opening Titles were horrendous what the hell was that all about. As for JLH I dig the JLH but if she's gonna cry while mediating to an invisible person each episode you can count me out.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I only watched it because there was nothing else on before Threshold and Numbers.

I had absolutely no interest in this sort of show.

I have to admit though, I liked it. I didn't want to like it, but I did.

I will be interested to see how (or if) they can keep it interesting.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
When she was relaying the information from the ghost to his son I was wondering how long they could keep that up. To hear the ghost say it and then her actually repeat it word for word got old really fast. Like when you're on the phone with someone and you wind up talking to someone else in the room with the person on the phone doing the talking for you. :)

Luis Esp

Supporting Actor
I liked the show, hopefully the network will give it a chance to grow some legs.

It reminds of Charmed from the early years, but I'm really tired of seeing Wentworth Miller in almost every show.

I'm currently watching "Popular" season 1 and he was on that show. Not to mention his own show, the finale of "Joan of Arcadia" and the horrid videos by Mariah Carey.

Crikey, he's becoming the Jude Law of tv.

Natalie F

Stunt Coordinator

There actually weren't as many cleavage-y shots as I was expecting but still quite a few. Ah well, as long as they keep her husband shirtless they can feature her chest as much as they want ;)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Well, seeing that in the last scene of the pilot it was snowing I think there's going to be a lot of sweaters and turtlenecks for awhile. :)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Tonight was the first ep that I watched, not bad at all. :emoji_thumbsup:

Also, tonight's ep made me tear up quite a bit, that little boy just got to me. :frowning:

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Well, the weather has changed but she's still wearing long flowing dresses. :)

It's always fun to see Christine Baranski.

I'm not sure if this show will stick with me over the season. I was sort of interested in Cold Case for a few weeks but I eventually lost interest.

Jim Douglas

Second Unit
I've watched the first two shows and I think they had a better show with "Joan of Arcadia". I just can't see staying with it week after week.

Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks