What's new

Geforce 4 cards-is it THAT much better (1 Viewer)

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
I've been reading about how the Geforce 4 cards are basically killing anything else on the market right now, and I'm wondering if it's worth switching. I just got my Radeon 7500 a few weeks ago, and I'm still in the window where I can return it if I want and trade up. Which cards would be worth looking at? There are a bunch listed at my local store (www.pcwaterloo.com), but there seems to be a HUGE disparity between the card prices.

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
If you're a game player, I would absolutely trade the ATI in on a GeForce (3 or 4).

My past experience with ATI is their driver support is abyssmal at best.

Caveat: Nothing beats a Radeon for HTPC applications, though. I'm strictly speaking towards high-end gaming.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
I agree.

I use ATI in my HTPC and nVidia in my gaming pc.

I just got a GF4 ti4400 for $250 and it absolutely rocks.

Richard Cooper

Stunt Coordinator
I've got a Radeon 64DDR VIVO for my HCPC and a Radeon 8500 for my gaming PC> Both do tehir respective jobs exceptionally well. So the GF4 may give higher framreates, but 100fps isn't exactly sluggish, is it?

Masood Ali

Supporting Actor
The best bang for the buck card right now is the Radeon 8500 OEM for $99. Comes with dual outputs (VGA and DVI) and is clocked slightly below the retail 8500 (which can be remedied with freeware).

Easily comparable to the Ti4xxx series cards from Nvidia, but for 1/2 the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks