Michael Pakula

Second Unit
Im getting the GameCube today and Im not sure

which color to get. I was originaly thinking

Jet Black, but since Im getting XBOX this christmas

and Playstation 2 next year. I think it would be

nice for something different. So maybe I should

get the Indigo version. I'll probally just get

Jet Black. Im posting this anyways for suggestions.

Anyways what do you think.

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
I got purple because it's different.

I coulda got black but i like ugly things more...kinda like why i bought the spice controller...unfortunately the thin looked nothing like the picture i saw on the internet and is actually really cool looking.

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
Purple! You know it makes sense!

I think it looks really nice; why should a console have to be black? Still, the iMac-style see-through turquoise N64s are possibly a bit too much...

I think the black ones look rather dull. I'll probably get purple myself, but if they release one in the meantime that matches my ice-blue translucent GBA I'm all over it.

Jeffrey Forner

Screenwriter
I have a purple one as well and I agree that the color is really fitting for the console. I don't know why really. Would I like a purple DVD player? Or how about a purple receiver? Probably not. However, a purple GameCube looks absolutely fine and surprisingly sharp.

Whatever you decide to get, the important thing to remember is that you'll be able to play the same games either way.

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Indigo (which I have) is lovely, I also really like the Spice Orange one.

Dan (UK)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I have a black and it makes it look badass.

If you're sticking it in a HT, go with black. If you could care less, go with whatever there is. If you want something different, go with indigo.

You could get black and make it match the PS2 and X-Box...

Oscar_R

Second Unit
black matches all my other components. I remember how out of place my dreamcast looked in that sea of black..

Rodrick

Second Unit
HAHAHA how can a different colour gamecube load games faster? They all load the same time.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
Mark wrote:
I think it looks really nice; why should a console have to be black? Still, the iMac-style see-through turquoise N64s are possibly a bit too much...
Does anyone see a big overlap between Mac fans and GCN fans?
Play Different. :D

Rhoq

Supporting Actor
Does anyone see a big overlap between Mac fans and GCN fans?
David - it's funny you mention that as I own both a Mac (1.25GHz G4 MDD Tower) and a (Jet Black) GameCube!
I have found that Nintendo enthusists are just as passionate as Mac owners when it comes to their respective systems.
Anyways, here is my IGN Game List (all of the GameBoy games were purchased for my GameBoy Player).

Rhoq

Supporting Actor
Prior to my MDD tower I had a Blueberry iMac Rev E (slot loading). I loved that machine, but it suffered an unfortunate accident. Last summer, I had the A/C blasting. I woke up one morning freezing so I turned the A/C off and opened up my bedroom door. All of the heat from hallway came in and condensation ruined the iMac. I was stuck using a PC for the few months in between the death of my iMac and the purchase of my G4 tower.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks