What's new

Fringe Season 4 (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
No Fringe tomorrow. I was hoping Texas would git 'er done. :( Should end up dealing a hurt to Chuck's return, too, but it'll air. No word on if the episode will just be bumped to next Friday or some other date.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Greg_S_H said:
No Fringe tomorrow. I was hoping Texas would git 'er done. :( Should end up dealing a hurt to Chuck's return, too, but it'll air. No word on if the episode will just be bumped to next Friday or some other date.
I am guessing that FOX will just postpone the airing of Fringe episodes by one week and somewhere down the line where there had been a repeat scheduled there is a new episode now.
As far as the impact to Chuck - I doubt it would hurt it too much. Chuck fans probably will be ready to miss the first inning or so even if they are interested in the game. In any case, it should diminish expectations for Chuck's ratings.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
As poorly as NBC is faring this season, there may be hope for more Chuck! Though, there's something to be said for ending on their own terms. Wrong thread, I know.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Just to continue the OT discussion
NeilO said:
As far as the impact to Chuck - I doubt it would hurt it too much. Chuck fans probably will be ready to miss the first inning or so even if they are interested in the game. In any case, it should diminish expectations for Chuck's ratings.
Yeah, I think the rabidness of Chuck's fanbase will save it from taking a huge loss to the World Series. I just read that last night, Community (another show with a small but loyal following) and Parks And Recreation both had all-time series lows and about a 15% drop in ratings thanks to Game 6.
That being said, I think Chuck will do about what NBC is expecting.

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
Have to say the ratings aren't looking good again despite my enjoyment of another great season so far. I have a feeling this will be the last year and I can only hope they give them enough notice to wrap up the story the way it should be

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Simon Massey said:
Have to say the ratings aren't looking good again despite my enjoyment of another great season so far. I have a feeling this will be the last year and I can only hope they give them enough notice to wrap up the story the way it should be
After getting renewed by the skin of their teeth last year and considering that they know how bad their ratings are, the producers have only themselves to blame if they don't wrap things up this year. Of course the fans will blame Fox but given how much this show costs and how terrible its ratings are, no other network would have kept it on as long as Fox has.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
It was good seeing Bill Dauterive, and nice that he was not evil and was not doing harm intentionally or even knowingly. I still hope the bulk of the season is with everyone knowing who everyone else is (doubtful), but it's acceptable now that they have Peter back in the mix (and now that Walter is slowing warming up to him).

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Ratings are always hurt by sports interrupting the schedule. The networks have no one to blame but themselves when they schedule sports on a non-cable channel. The week when a show returns after an interruption is always bad.
Good episode though!

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Another interesting development - Peter resigning himself to the (apparent) fact he doesn't belong there. Things are too different and there's no way he can make them remember someone they never knew in the first place. His exchange with Olivia was particularly telling - she can't feel something for someone she never knew. The question is if those emotional connections are so immutable and timeless that Walter and Olivia will come to love him regardless.

The case of the week also had strong connection to the theme of accepting things and moving on, but I didn't find it overly didactic.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
But we still have an indication that the universe might pop back into place, because of the moment when Olivia was handed paperwork twice.
Plus I don't think they'd leave the viewers with such a maladjusted Walter.
Really enjoying all the opportunities these actors have had over the seasons to play the same people in totally different ways (parallel universes, different timelines, etc.). Why the whole cast doesn't have Emmy Awards by now is extremely odd.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Greg_S_H said:
It was good seeing Bill Dauterive, and nice that he was not evil and was not doing harm intentionally or even knowingly.
Agreed. In my mind he'd become typecast as the suburban vampire in True Blood season 2. So it was good to see him (the actor) again totally transformed into another character.

kzolady

Agent
Real Name
Jan Finchum
Will_B said:
Agreed. In my mind he'd become typecast as the suburban vampire in True Blood season 2. So it was good to see him (the actor) again totally transformed into another character.
Who is Bill Dauterive? I am not familiar with him, and when I tried to look him up the only reference I could find to him is the character from King Of The Hill.

MarkHarrison

Supporting Actor
kzolady said:
Who is Bill Dauterive? I am not familiar with him, and when I tried to look him up the only reference I could find to him is the character from King Of The Hill.
They're talking about Steven Root, who was the voice of Bill Dauterive on King of the Hill.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Sorry, that's my character trait: I refer to actors by their big past roles. For instance, in Ringer, I say, "I feel bad for Reed Richards. He's the only completely decent guy in the whole show." And people say, "I thought that guy's name was Andrew Martin (played by Ioan Gruffudd)?" Early in Fringe, I probably called Peter "Pacey." :D
Plus, there was a scene where the character Root was playing was passionately pleading for his wife to finish the formula, and he sounded just like Bill Dauterive.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
I think of his first as the guy from Newsradio, second as the stapler-loving guy from Office Space, and third as the guy from True Blood.
And it takes me a LONG time to know new characters names.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
Will_B said:
I think of his first as the guy from Newsradio, second as the stapler-loving guy from Office Space, and third as the guy from True Blood.
And it takes me a LONG time to know new characters names.
I'm with you on the first two! I then think of his character in Dodgeball.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
The episode in of itself wasn't all that special (though it was a solid fringe event), but then we got the kicker at the end and preview of what's coming starting January 13 ... It can't get here too quickly ...

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Yeah last night was a pretty boring episode.
No episodes until January??? That sucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks