What's new

Fringe Season 4 (1 Viewer)

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Walter mentioned about Peter dying twice in the opener of the season.
??? I must have missed that. I don't recall Walter making any reference to Peter in the opener.
BTW, another favorite moment from the last episode - Walter calling Lincoln "Kennedy". :)
Regards,
Joe

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
"Goodnight Tommy".
"I'm Tim".
"Goodnight Timmy".

Two episodes in before I realized "Fringe" was back on. Thank goodness for HULU.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
kzolady said:
I"m pretty sure that at least Walter crossed over and came back. That is what started the whole shebang. Maybe he brought Peter back and was unable to save him from drowning, but did not drown himself. That would account for his sad craziness (partly guilt), and the absence of Peter in both universes.
Yes, Walter had to have crossed over, because we saw a bit of amber in the serial killer episode (when the professor looked down the street, saw an ambered area, and asked "where am I?"). The amber is used to fix holes that are the aftereffects of Walter having broken into their reality.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Joseph DeMartino said:
Walter mentioned about Peter dying twice in the opener of the season.
??? I must have missed that. I don't recall Walter making any reference to Peter in the opener.
He didn't say Peter's name, but he said to Agent Lee - "People die. It happens. Sometimes they even die twice." I took that as referring to Peter. The quote is on the Fringi wiki:
http://fringepedia.net/wiki/Neither_Here_Nor_There

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
It's too bad Peter calls his dad "Walter." He might get a better response if he said, "Dad, it's me! Help!" :P

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by Cameron Yee /t/315036/fringe-season-4#post_3856065
I was expecting some kind of creepy twist with Marjorie and that box. What was that all about?
I could be wrong (because I often am) but the killer said something like he was sorry he took her away from him. My impression was that the teacher no longer remembered Marjorie because the memory of her was transplanted into the serial killer. Therefore, the teacher now has nothing to hold back his demons...

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Paul D G said:
I could be wrong (because I often am) but the killer said something like he was sorry he took her away from him. My impression was that the teacher no longer remembered Marjorie because the memory of her was transplanted into the serial killer. Therefore, the teacher now has nothing to hold back his demons...
Yes, he took the memory of Marjorie and her interactions with him away, but he still retained the lessons he learned from Marjorie which was what Broyles said at the end. So, even though he doesn't remember learning how to hold back his demons he still knows how to do so.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
The 'die twice' quote can easily mean a ton of things. We just don't know what happened in this reality or how/why they are able to communicate and cross over with the other side.
We DO know that Olivia still switched places in order to get the machine parts. We just don't know the details. Interestingly enough, Olivia's escape/return did NOT include the death/murder of the other Broyles.
We also have not yet seen Walternate in this reality.
The one thing that is clear is that the adult Peter never existed and things are different because of it. Yet, there seems to be a 'hole' in Olivia and in Walter left by the 'erasure'. While Walter is more sensitive to that 'hole' and is seeing visions or Peter and hearing him, Olivia seems to still be unaware of what is up.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I understand that part. I was specifically referring to the memory that showed Marjorie going into the barn and opening a wooden box. What was in the box? And what did it have to do with how things turned out?
NeilO said:
Yes, he took the memory of Marjorie and her interactions with him away, but he still retained the lessons he learned from Marjorie which was what Broyles said at the end. So, even though he doesn't remember learning how to hold back his demons he still knows how to do so.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
Cameron Yee said:
I understand that part. I was specifically referring to the memory that showed Marjorie going into the barn and opening a wooden box. What was in the box? And what did it have to do with how things turned out?
I don't know for certain, but I'm assuming that the box is where he hid 'the dead things' he referred to. Probably killing chicks or puppies or something equally dark. That's how he knew he was sick. Marjorie found it, understood his sickness, and helped him overcome it.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Cameron Yee said:
I took that to be the time when she found out how dark things were for him, when she found out he was killing animals, and then she embraced him anyway after that, in other words, his most important memory with her. I could be wrong though.

fringefan

Auditioning
Real Name
sue ryder
I think the fact that the professor 'forgot' that Marjorie ever existed (for whatever reason) but still remembered her lessons (she left a mark on his soul, as Broyles pointed out) is a direct reference to the fact that they have forgotten Peter's existence but not his lessons. He has left a permanent mark on their souls. This will figure prominently in upcoming episodes, I think. Their inherent 'memory' of him will help bring him back. i.e., in last nights episode he desperately wanted Walter to 'see' him. Once they 'see' him, he will exist.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I know this is just academic but... how did the Professor make it to the farm? His money is no good here (literally) and credit cards don't work. I guess he must have hitchhiked, but there's feeling of implausibility I get when characters just appear out of nowhere like that.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Hanson said:
I know this is just academic but... how did the Professor make it to the farm? His money is no good here (literally) and credit cards don't work. I guess he must have hitchhiked, but there's feeling of implausibility I get when characters just appear out of nowhere like that.
I think they addressed this, though I forget the specifics of the explanation. I know alt-Astrid was pointing all this out when they were trying to figure out where he was going.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Originally Posted by Malcolm R /t/315036/fringe-season-4/30#post_3857294
I think they addressed this, though I forget the specifics of the explanation. I know alt-Astrid was pointing all this out when they were trying to figure out where he was going.
Yes, she commented that despite the fact he didn't have a show-me or any money, there was a 48.5% (going from memory) chance that he would steal transportation.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Astrid is going to freak out when she finds out that AltAstrid is so unusual.
In reality, Astrid would have read reports that detail everything, but in this fictional world, she'll probably find out only when she is face to face with her doppelganger.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I'm not minding this storyline too terribly much, but I hope it gets wrapped up soon. I'd rather actually be watching Jackson perform than just having him hovering over things. This is probably the last season, so let's get one of the best parts of Fringe back on screen.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Quentin said:
The 'die twice' quote can easily mean a ton of things.
Tonight's episode definitely confirmed my interpretation of Walter saying "die twice"

kzolady

Agent
Real Name
Jan Finchum
It was nice that Walter finally explained how he lost his Peter, crossed over and took Walternet's Peter, then lost him in the icy water. He did not explain how he either did not fall in the water or got out of the water without Peter. This does however explain Walter's crazy, guilty, grief. Some things are difficult and sometimes almost impossible to get over.
Along another line, Did Walter actually call Astrid, Acid?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks