What's new

Fringe Season 4 (1 Viewer)

Joe_H

Screenwriter
I wonder if the writers/ producers knew that this would be the episode before a long break, because if so, it was a horrible choice. I thought it was a very mediocre episode throughout, and even the ending didn't do anything to make me excited for the return.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Joe_H said:
I wonder if the writers/ producers knew that this would be the episode before a long break, because if so, it was a horrible choice. I thought it was a very mediocre episode throughout, and even the ending didn't do anything to make me excited for the return.
Don't quote me but I'm pretty sure the next episode was supposed to be the 'fall finale' but the World Series pre-emption bumped it. Since it's only fans watching the show, I don't know why Fox couldn't air an episode next week or the week after.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
I could be wrong but I doubt they'd show a new episode on Black Friday (i don't pay that close of attention but most of my shows are repeats, even survivor, while new on wed, is a recap episode). But you'd think they'd know World Series Week could be a write off for new eps and plan accordingly.

I thought there was going to be a new ep coming. Now I'm sorry I missed the preview - I always skip these. Too often they give away too much and I prefer to walk in cold. I do watch the more expansive previews where they cover most of a season.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Paul D G said:
I could be wrong but I doubt they'd show a new episode on Black Friday...
Yeah, they probably wouldn't do that but the Friday after that is still an option. Like I said though, it's basically a non-issue for Fox because the only people still watching this show are fans and they'll be back for new episodes whether they're on in 1 week or 6 weeks.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
I am surprised that Peter has not sought out the bowling ally Dude, to get the Dude's opinion on the different timelines.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Maybe the Dude will give Peter a magical object.
"That rug really ties the universes together."
"What will tie what together?"
"Shut the fuck up, Donny. We're having a conversation here!"

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Oh my, someone needs to make a t-shirt mash up with Olivia, Peter, and Walter Sobchak in the lab.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
So this past Friday, Fox had the Iron Man movie on. This coming Friday Fox has College Football:Pac-12 Championship. So, while they could have easily shown it on Black Friday, they are quite committed on December 2.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Plenty of other networks showing new episodes this week, but FOX is showing a rerun of Fringe - "One nIght in October - the episode where they look for the serial killer on the other side.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Wearing black and grey in honor of favorite Fringe character until Jan 13 rolls around!

Joe_H

Screenwriter
See, now that would've been a great way to leave off for the break. :D Seems to confirm that baseball screwed up their schedule, since this was much more of a cliffhanger-type ending.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Joe_H said:
See, now that would've been a great way to leave off for the break. :D Seems to confirm that baseball screwed up their schedule, since this was much more of a cliffhanger-type ending.
Indeed, that was a great episode that left us wondering a lot. The glyphs gave us the clue as to what was happening and there was foreshadowing when Peter mentioned how Jones dies, but still ...
Anyway, I have no idea where they are going from here, but I'm looking forward to the ride.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Peter tells Lincoln he can trust Fauxlivia, but she's actually capable of being quite nasty.
Maybe since this Faux didn't suffer the disasters the other Faux did, she's more human.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
I'm a HUGE fan of Fringe. HUGE.
But, like many, I have been disillusioned with the first half of this season. I'm operating on the belief this is likely the last season and they just WASTED too many episodes in that first half doing things that did not work.
But, it is SOOOO great to have Peter back at the center of things. I never realized how much he is the heart and soul of the show - him and his relationship with his father and with Olivia. The show finally feels like it's firing on all cylinders. Even though this isn't Peter's universe, he is clicking with the Olivia's and Walter's and the very dangerous Jones is back! I'm loving it!

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Quentin said:
I'm a HUGE fan of Fringe. HUGE.
But, like many, I have been disillusioned with the first half of this season. I'm operating on the belief this is likely the last season and they just WASTED too many episodes in that first half doing things that did not work.
But, it is SOOOO great to have Peter back at the center of things. I never realized how much he is the heart and soul of the show - him and his relationship with his father and with Olivia. The show finally feels like it's firing on all cylinders. Even though this isn't Peter's universe, he is clicking with the Olivia's and Walter's and the very dangerous Jones is back! I'm loving it!
Yes, it was a great episode with a huge role for Peter. It was quite interesting to see the differences in Walter and Walternate from their characters in the previous timeline.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Will_B said:
Astrid is going to freak out when she finds out that AltAstrid is so unusual.
In reality, Astrid would have read reports that detail everything, but in this fictional world, she'll probably find out only when she is face to face with her doppelganger.
Looks like you were right about her freaking out, even though she HAD been told about her first.

spshultz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Ratzen
I thought this "Asterisk/Astrid" episode was fantastic. There was definitely some good acting in this one. And the final scene between the two Astrids discussing their respective fathers was very touching.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks