What's new

Friday the 13th part 6 dvd cover here (1 Viewer)

Ricky f

Supporting Actor

Chuck L

Screenwriter
I find it truly amazing that we can't get unrated versions of these films, but yet they have enough time to come up with new artwork.
Though I will be buying the disk since I am a Friday fan, I am sure that I will be desgning my own jacket for this.
The art while it does include the hockey mask (a must), it looks more representive of "Pet Sematary" artwork.
Hopefully this is not the true art. But if it is so be it, I have no control over what they decide to do. They know that the true fans of the series will buy it, and that is all it is about as long as they make the money from it.

Lafe F

Second Unit
I wonder what the cover for part 5 looks like?
What would make me happy?
Use the original movie artwork. (Was the styrofoam Jason Lives tombstone too cheap looking?)
Leave the Widescreen banner on the bottom so it'll match the first four Friday the 13th DVDs on my shelf.
Include the Alice Cooper Man Behind the Mask music video.
Offer the unedited versions of these movies.
Include them in a nice box set.
Reduce the prices on these things.
These are suggestions, Paramount, for making your customers happier.

Will K

Screenwriter
That cover is just plain fugly. Looks like a cross between the poster for Blair Witch 2 and Pet Sematary. It might be tolerable if they kept the original title logo, but that new one...well...ugh. Maybe they are trying to maximize sales by experimenting with eye-catching new covers. It's eye-catching, alright. But if they really want to see sales skyrocket, they'd restore the movie to the original director's cut. Hello!?
By the way, here's the Friday 5 cover. Not as bad because the old VHS artwork was hideous and cheap-looking to begin with.
f5dvd.jpg

------------------
unratedbanner.JPG

Wes Ray

Supporting Actor
I've been calm and respectful of Martin Blythe and Paramount in the past, but I have to face facts and be honest, these supposed covers are an abomination. Why change artwork in the middle of the series? The first four DVDs used the theatrical artwork. Why change them? Part 5's original video artwork was lacking, but they should've substituted it for the artwork of the red background with Tommy holding a machette next to a large hockey mask. This is the artwork most people wanted to see with Part 5's DVD release.
The artwork for Part 6 was the absolute BEST of the series. Why change it? The Friday the 13th font has become a staple of the marketing of the film as well as of the film itself. Why change it? If they're looking to sell more copies because of this and not give us uncut editions with extras, I find it absolutely amazing. I was going to buy part 6 (even though I refuse to buy the first four and the fifth one) because 6 is one of my favorites and my VHS copy is pretty worn, but it looks like I won't be getting it now. I know I'm not the only one who feels this way too. If Paramount was going to use alternate artwork, they should've done so from the beginning. Those covers, if they're truly the real ones, look like something Goodtimes would've come up with if they'd released the titles, not something Paramount would do. Paramount has truly shocked me now. I don't know what else to do. It's not Martin Blythe's fault, but it is apparent that Paramount truly doesn't care about this series, and if they cared about the fans and not just money, they'd let a company like Anchor Bay or Elite take this series over and do it right. I'm still hoping that Paramount will revisit the series with a boxed set, but I just don't know what to think anymore.
When I first saw the artwork here, I thought "I hope Martin Blythe will reply and tell us all that this is a joke or just really lame fan-made artwork." I'm still hoping for it, but I have a really bad feeling about this.
eek.gif
icon13.gif

------------------

rhett

Supporting Actor
These covers are a joke. I don't see why Paramount couldn't just stick with the ol' faithful artwork used on the one sheets and vhs cassettes that made them millions to begin with. These new covers look like Direct-To-Video screamy bopper horror schlock. You'd think they'd at least keeep the bloody Friday the 13th logo that has become pretty much notorious, and a common place in the series. These covers are most disturbing, especially since the artwork on the Jason Lives one sheet was by far the best in the series. I guess I am alone, but I thought the cover of Part 5 was simple but effective and would definitely prefer it to what Paramount has given us. Paramount even managed to screw up the Widescreen Collection banner as well. Not only will they be on the top this time (making them extremely out of place compared to the rest of the series), but the coloring of the banner for Jason Lives is purple, as opposed to the red banners we have gotten from 1-5. I have the first four titles on DVD, and I will be buying these discs, regardless of their horrible covers and featureless discs, because I love the series. But what can I say, I pretty much expected something like this, because right from the get go the Friday films and fans have been treated with no respect from Paramount, and I don't expect that to change. It really is a crime though, how a company can ignore such a vast legion of fans...
------------------
"Why don't we just wait here for a while...see what happens."
[Edited last by rhett on July 23, 2001 at 09:42 PM]

MikeyW

Agent
Well, it's not all Martin Blythe's fault (don't shoot the messanger), but please Martin, if you're reading this, give the home video department the message that we want the original cover art, with the widescreen banner at the bottom, colored red.
I, however, doubt these are real.
And, if they are, God save us all.
------------------

Wes Ray

Supporting Actor
I don't think I got on the messenger's case, and if I did, I completely didn't intend to. I just meant to say that I hope he can reply and confirm the artwork or deny it. While I applaud Paramount for attempting to try something new with the series on DVD, new cover art was not asked for at all (assuming the alleged artwork ends up being the real deal). The DVD cover artwork was actually the one thing fans were happy with. :)
------------------

Christina_DQ

Stunt Coordinator
Why are people obessing over the widescreen banner? Big deal if it's on the top or bottom of the box & won't "match" the rest of the series. Theres better things to worry about than where the banner is.
I have a huge feeling they are dopey fan made covers that some people are going off and mistaking them for the real covers. So calm down & wait until theres offical word on it!!!!

JoeyP

Auditioning
I really don't think those are real, guys. Since when has Paramount shown an attempt at putting ANY extra effort into the F13 series? I know these covers suck (especially compared to the JL cover), but the fact is, Paramount would actually have to do extra work to create those... therefore, I really doubt that they are real.
Martin,
A quick reply would be cool, nobody's pissed at you... you're the one guy from Paramount that shows any interest at all in the fans, so please don't take the Paramount bashing personaly.

Will K

Screenwriter
I, for one, suspect that they are real since they came off the Digital Bits website, which is normally a reliable source of information. Paramount also changed the artwork for Tales From The Darkside: The Movie. Strangely enough, it appears the didn't tinker very much with Pet Sematary Two. Who knows?

rhett

Supporting Actor
Those covers look pretty real to me, and I can see Paramount changing the cover to perhaps extend to new customers, as they have cited before that they are not particularily impressed with the Friday's DVD sales. They have changed the covers before, like in the case of The Dead Zone, a change which I really liked. But these covers are baaad. The Widescreen Collection banner is just a nitpick though, they could put it in the middle for all I care, just as long as they stick with the original artwork. Some people may think we are just fussing over nothing, but when it comes to the Friday films, for many they bring back a strong sense of nostalgia, and with revamped covers, some of that nostalgic value is lost...so please Paramount:

105712.jpg
105711.jpg

[Edited last by rhett on July 23, 2001 at 09:35 PM]

Lafe F

Second Unit
Why, Paramount, why?
If these covers have already gone to press, please make alternate covers available on your website to the fans' specifications.

Wes Ray

Supporting Actor
I wish they'd at least used Part 6's original artwork. Look how great it looks.
frown.gif

*sigh* Jason is turning over in his grave right about now.
[Edited last by Wes Ray on July 24, 2001 at 02:00 AM]

Ricky f

Supporting Actor
I agree, They don't have the friday the 13th feel to them. I am a little bothered about the banner but I am even more bothered about the artwork.
Please paramount Use the original as shown above.
Regards,
Ricky
------------------
Please help me get The Sandlot released on DVD. I have started a petition please, please sign it:
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/...ML/002920.html

Christopher Anthony

Auditioning
Why is anyone suprised? It's becoming amusing actually, the extent of which Paramount can disapoint us. Regardless, no matter how much Paramount hates the F13 movies and it's fans, they should be embarrassed to release anything that looks this cheap. For that reason alone I have to believe it's fake or artwork that was released until the real covers could be ready. If it's done to attract new consumers, well that's just hysterical. Who would even rent something that looks like that? And who is going to start off at part 5 of anything? Here's a marketing tip- when a series goes on and on, the audience diminishes, because you aren't going to get any new consumers to come along and pick up at part 4, 5 or 6 of anything. That's when you need to forget Joe Blow and try and make the fan base happy.

Josh Makison

Auditioning
Other than the things already mentioned (purple banner, lousey title font, etc.), I think there is something else worth noting---- if you look at the banner width and font size and position on the F13 Part 6 cover art in comparison to the other three or four Paramount titles on the Digital Bits web page, you'll notice a very distinct difference. Follow the link above and look at the banners. Notice how the real Paramount banner is thinner and the font is smaller than the F13 banner. Also notice how the bottom edge of the real banner "separates" the DVD logo under the Paramount mountain from the rest of the banner. On the F13 cover, the bottom edge of the banner runs close to the bottom of the DVD logo. This might not mean much, but seeing as how all other Paramount covers on the Digital Bits website match each other with the exception of the F13 Part 6 cover, it is highly possible that this artwork is fan-made. BTW, the F13 Part V cover art posted by Will K above demonstrates the same inconsistencies as the Part VI cover as I mentioned above. What do you think?

Kevin_M_M

Stunt Coordinator
my guess is they took a look at the awful friday 5 cover, decided something needed to be done, and changed the scheme for the remaining films. if these are real, expect f13 7 and f13 8 to have the same 90s horror, photoshoped to death feel.
damn it, i love the f13 6 cover!
------------------
They mostly come at night. Mostly... - Newt
DVD Collection

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks