What's new

Fox (1 Viewer)

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
There are HOT issues going on now with Fox and their move to include P&S releases.

We have been very verbal about it and some, including myself, have offered solutions.

One person pointed out that Peter Staddon hasn't visited the HTF for a few weeks now when he was a regular.

Where is he and could there be a correlation between the two hinting to something quite dismal?

Peter has been a BIG asset to Fox. Lets not loose him to the machine... but where are you????

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Steven,

Never put a studio representative's name in a thread header! They're under no obligation to post or respond to a thread on HTF. Also, just because they haven't posted lately, doesn't mean they're not reading the forum. Also, I'm moving this thread to the Studio Feedback section.

Crawdaddy

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
Robert..

I think your response is a bit HARSH don't you?

I have seen exec names in headers years past to get their attention so what's the difference now?

It defeats the whole purpose of my post unless he reads EVERY header and post that has the Fox name in it?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Steven, I'm sorry but I have to side with Crawdaddy on this one!
As the fellow who pointed out Peter's absence, I will reiterate what I have said MANY times: He's under no obligation to answer. He isn't paid to be here and talk to us. He visits out of interest in HTF issues, not out of his job.
If he chooses to talk to us and explain job-related things, that's great. But...no obiligations and no repercussions.
I would LIKE him to say something, but I don't expect it nor should any of us act like he's required to. Please respect that, much as you'ld like to not discuss your own job while visiting your friends and discussing your mutual hobby.
I think Crawdaddy was right in changing the title, moving the thread, and if he sounded harsh in the way he posted then just keep in mind that we've had WAY too much of this sort of thing lately. A fellow was banned forever because he pestered Paramount's Martin Blythe continuously over a series of horror films. Not worth getting banned, is it? :)
Thanks for keeping an open mind.

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
Dave,
I am not angered but do hope Peter surfaces soon.
I guess I was under a false impression that he was just "another member of the gang" who rather enjoyed answering posts on the HTF?
And I have honestly seen exec names within headers years past as to why mine had it in there.
I also know he is not under any obligation to answer, as I am not under any obligation to post.
As for questions about my work, I don't mind answering them for I like my job ;)

Brad Vautrinot

Stunt Coordinator
I would LIKE him to say something, but I don't expect it nor should any of us act like he's required to. Please respect that, much as you'ld like to not discuss your own job while visiting your friends and discussing your mutual hobby.
True, he's not under any obligation or requirement to respond but he has responded to issues in the past on many occasions and he probably should on this issue. If he needs time to gather more information from the company, or cannot say anything due to policy, he could at least tell us that much.

I daresay that probably everyone here ends up discussing their jobs when visiting friends and relatives at some point and certainly hobbies are almost always brought into a discussion with friends and relatives. If anyone doesn't discuss these things when visiting, they have no friends or relatives.

I do agree, however, that studio rep's names should be kept out of the thread header.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I was under a false impression that he was just "another member of the gang"
He is, which is why he is under no obligation to discuss the policies of his day gig if he chooses not to. There has been a long standing edict about not naming studio people in topic headers.

Peter has been around here long enough to know that the issues his company are dealing with are going to upset people here, and frankly, if I were in his shoes, I wouldn't be posting, as it could potentially start up a huge flame fest, and cause more work for the mods. No matter what he says, there will be those who are very vocal in opposition, and I'm sure he has far better things to do than start trying to defend the corporate position. If he has something to say, he will, but no one here has a right to demand an answer out of anybody.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
A number of things could be true

Peter could be on vacation.

He could be investigating the topics that have come up.

He could have no ability to reply to those questions for one reason or another.

Or...

He could be busy working towards making some of the best DVDs in the industry.

I assume that if he intends to post again, we'll be able to see it. Also you can always go back and search for his posts to see which topics he has or has not replied to.

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
Kyle,

I just thought that Rob could have handled or approached the problem a little more professionaly.

He could have simply moved the topic without his reprimanding toned public comment and privately e-mailed me his concerns as to his reasons.

Not overly sensative, just asking for some respect.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Steven,

You are not the first nor will you be the last person to put a studio representative's name in the thread header which is the reason I posted my message so that other members can see it. Now, if you want to call that disrespectful to you then so be it but I'll use the same course of action again, if a similar situation occurs in the future.

Crawdaddy

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
Just to update this, Peter Staddon has posted a response in the long thread in the Software section (see pg. 4 of the thread).

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
It has always been HTF policy not to use studio reps names in the headers. Also, I do not see where Crawdaddy went "harsh" at all.

Again, as I've said in other posts concerning studio reps: they are under no obligation to even be here. We are LUCKY to have Peter and Martin here. Who is here from WB? New Line? MGM? Disney? Artisan (god knows their Quality Control could use one here)?

No one. Keep abusing them by trying to call them out, and you'll lose them. Then who will you complain to?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks