Fox

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Eric Huffstutler, Jan 26, 2002.

1. Eric Huffstutler

Eric Huffstutler Screenwriter

Eric Huffstutler
    There are HOT issues going on now with Fox and their move to include P&S releases.

We have been very verbal about it and some, including myself, have offered solutions.

One person pointed out that Peter Staddon hasn't visited the HTF for a few weeks now when he was a regular.

Where is he and could there be a correlation between the two hinting to something quite dismal?

Peter has been a BIG asset to Fox. Lets not loose him to the machine... but where are you????

2. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    Steven,

Never put a studio representative's name in a thread header! They're under no obligation to post or respond to a thread on HTF. Also, just because they haven't posted lately, doesn't mean they're not reading the forum. Also, I'm moving this thread to the Studio Feedback section.

Crawdaddy

3. Eric Huffstutler

Eric Huffstutler
    Robert..

I think your response is a bit HARSH don't you?

I have seen exec names in headers years past to get their attention so what's the difference now?

It defeats the whole purpose of my post unless he reads EVERY header and post that has the Fox name in it?

4. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Steven, I'm sorry but I have to side with Crawdaddy on this one!
    As the fellow who pointed out Peter's absence, I will reiterate what I have said MANY times: He's under no obligation to answer. He isn't paid to be here and talk to us. He visits out of interest in HTF issues, not out of his job.
    If he chooses to talk to us and explain job-related things, that's great. But...no obiligations and no repercussions.
    I would LIKE him to say something, but I don't expect it nor should any of us act like he's required to. Please respect that, much as you'ld like to not discuss your own job while visiting your friends and discussing your mutual hobby.
    I think Crawdaddy was right in changing the title, moving the thread, and if he sounded harsh in the way he posted then just keep in mind that we've had WAY too much of this sort of thing lately. A fellow was banned forever because he pestered Paramount's Martin Blythe continuously over a series of horror films. Not worth getting banned, is it? [​IMG]
    Thanks for keeping an open mind.

5. Eric Huffstutler

Eric Huffstutler
    Dave,
    I am not angered but do hope Peter surfaces soon.
    I guess I was under a false impression that he was just "another member of the gang" who rather enjoyed answering posts on the HTF?
    And I have honestly seen exec names within headers years past as to why mine had it in there.
    I also know he is not under any obligation to answer, as I am not under any obligation to post.
    As for questions about my work, I don't mind answering them for I like my job [​IMG]

6. Frank Anderson

Frank Anderson Cinematographer

7. Brad Vautrinot

Brad Vautrinot Stunt Coordinator

8. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

I want to know how you think Robs response was "HARSH". I think you're being too sensitive.

9. Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer Producer

10. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

A number of things could be true

Peter could be on vacation.

He could be investigating the topics that have come up.

He could have no ability to reply to those questions for one reason or another.

Or...

He could be busy working towards making some of the best DVDs in the industry.

I assume that if he intends to post again, we'll be able to see it. Also you can always go back and search for his posts to see which topics he has or has not replied to.

11. Eric Huffstutler

Eric Huffstutler
    Kyle,

I just thought that Rob could have handled or approached the problem a little more professionaly.

He could have simply moved the topic without his reprimanding toned public comment and privately e-mailed me his concerns as to his reasons.

Not overly sensative, just asking for some respect.

12. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    Steven,

You are not the first nor will you be the last person to put a studio representative's name in the thread header which is the reason I posted my message so that other members can see it. Now, if you want to call that disrespectful to you then so be it but I'll use the same course of action again, if a similar situation occurs in the future.

Crawdaddy

13. GlennH

GlennH Cinematographer

Glenn
    Just to update this, Peter Staddon has posted a response in the long thread in the Software section (see pg. 4 of the thread).

14. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Executive Producer

It has always been HTF policy not to use studio reps names in the headers. Also, I do not see where Crawdaddy went "harsh" at all.

Again, as I've said in other posts concerning studio reps: they are under no obligation to even be here. We are LUCKY to have Peter and Martin here. Who is here from WB? New Line? MGM? Disney? Artisan (god knows their Quality Control could use one here)?

No one. Keep abusing them by trying to call them out, and you'll lose them. Then who will you complain to?