What's new

Fox TERMINATOR series: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (1 Viewer)

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Actually, Earl Boen was approached by the series producers about reprising his role from the films as Dr. Silberman (and was interested in doing so), but Boen had just retired from the industry a couple of years ago, and ultimately decided to bow out.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I loved that contrast, even though I saw both moments coming. Summer Glau was a professional ballerina before she was hired by Joss Whedon to play one on "Angel," and it was wonderful to see that grace and poise on dislay in this episode. At the same time, leaving the brother and sister to their death after obtaining the necessary information, is such an inhuman response. The two most horrific details to me was that a) she earnestly thanked them for their information even as she left them to die, and b) the total lack of expression on her face when the screams rung out and the guns fired.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
That's clearly the most interesting moment of the series. One of the themes that the show is following up from T2 is that the horrors she has faced and knows are potentially to come had hardened Sarah to the point where she was on the edge of having the same sort of amorality the Terminators have. The past couple of episodes have demonstrated that Derek and Cameron clearly think the same way a lot of the time, but Cameron, ironically, is the one interested in the world around here even when things aren't necessarily connected to her mission.

That's a separate thing from realizing that life has value beyond the fact that killing people attracts attention, and she doesn't seem to be close to that yet.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Unfortunately, they blew the date, and changed the motivation.

The dates for T2 and T3 don't quite add up, but it's very clear that in T2 Judgment Day is August 29, 1997. Arnold says that's when Skynet became self-aware. It's even the code to activate the easter eggs on the DVDs. But here, they say the escape was June of the same year, and that can't be right. Not enough time for Cyberdyne to finish the chip, fly with the perfect operational record, etc.

Also, that particular time, Sarah was busting out because the cops came to tell her that Arnold had returned, so the whole idea that she did it because she signed away her parental rights dilutes -- once again -- the perfectly good stuff that happened in the movie.

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Once again, I'm not a huge Terminator fan, so for me the references were nice. I know enough to get the references, but not enough to disect them to the point it ruins the enjoyment. I don't have to think of the TV series as a gospel tie-in. I enjoy it for what it is, and the references to the movies are nice.

Now I know how I must sound in a Star Wars thread. ;)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I thought it was the best episode in a while. Interesting parallel between Cameron not saving the people who were helping her, and Sarah saving the agent who has been out to destroy her. I wonder if he's going to make a change now that he sees that Sarah may not be crazy after all.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Well, the 2-hour season finale (which I hope won't be a series finale) should tell us how affected by it he was. The previews at the end of the episode don't look optimistic in this regard, but those are always deceptive anyway.

Neil

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
was the cop who found the "hand of god" anyone i should remember from either movie?

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Wow! The last three episodes have been tight! If the show keeps on at this level of quality, I'll want it to stick around a long time. I'm hoping the earlier unevenness was just first season jitters, like Star Trek: TNG or something. Tonight was really a home run, particularly the scene with John handing the ball to his father. Green is a good addition to the show.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Yeah, Green's performance in the series has totally sold me.

Like many folks, I greeted the news of his casting with eye-rolling and skepticism, but his portrayal of Derek Reese has been badass, and a surprising showcase of his acting range. In particular, that last scene tonight of him and John at the park watching John's five-year-old father playing baseball was fantastic.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I'm kind of surprised they overlooked doing something obvious, though - they've got Cameron's brain outside of her head, they've got a computer that lets them access Terminator memory files, and they know she's been lying about/hiding some things. The end of Episode #8 seemed like prime time to do some snooping.

Shane D

Supporting Actor
kinda what i thought too. they had plenty of time to look at her memories.

i've really liked brian austin green too and hated him on 90210

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
The two episodes last night were very good. I did wonder why Cromartie spared left without killing Ellison. I would think the reason is that he knows Ellison has information about Sarah Connor and wants to get to that later. Ellison should now be thoroughly convinced of the dangers of the terminators. How he is going to report on what happened there - how everyone else was killed is another question.

They definitely have built things to an interesting place and I hope they bring it back so we can see where they are going to go from there. How is Cameron going to turn back into Summer Glau?

Neil

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Others have speculated that Ellison is a terminator and doesn't know it, but Cromartie does know. Someone claimed that the first shot of Ellison had him in shadow with red eyes. I don't have the pilot, but can anyone confirm or deny. There were also claims that "the terminator theme plays subtly when he is onscreen." I haven't noticed anything like that. It's a little too much of a Battlestar Galactica twist and I really hope it isn't true.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper

That is absolutely false. The shot in question is of a terminator in a dilapidated room looking at a computer file of the Connors.

The confusion arises from the fact that Ellison is looking at the exact same file on his computer, in his FBI office. The implication is that the terminator is hacked into Ellison's computer, and monitering his computer activity.

Diallo B

Screenwriter

right. based on that and the fact that we was choking on smoke when the house went up i thought that ellison was not a terminator. however an interesting twist would be if he was programmed to think he was human. very unlikely...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks