What's new

Fox TERMINATOR series: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (1 Viewer)

MishaLauenstein

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Misha Lauenstein

How is that a paradox? A paradox would be if the wall WAS there in the future, even after they blew it up, which would be impossible, which is why paradoxes can't happen.

I think you're thinking of Cause and Effect.

MishaLauenstein

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Misha Lauenstein

Okay. He had been messing around with something to do with power inputs, so possibly with batteries and capacitors and what-not, there wasn't a quick way to cut all the power.

The most important goal is to STOP the terminator from getting out, so the main goal is to disconnect the data transfer routes from HIGHEST to LOWEST risk of escape. Which is what he clearly did. :)

Marc_Sulinski

Supporting Actor
I was wondering about the episode where Derek is having flashbacks after being shot to his time in captivity in the future. Some things didn't make sense to me. I didn't understand why the machines would just decide to leave the house one day, and provide their captives with a conveniently-located axe to break their restraints. Why didn't they just kill them after interrogating them?

My theory was that it was John Conner interrogating them, using some of his stolen machines. I figured he was testing their loyalty or something; he just didn't want them to know it. Also, the machines tending to the prisoners seemed to be in disrepair, which would make sense if they belonged to the resistance.

I guess I was wrong, though, as that plot point would have been resolved already.

seanOhara

Supporting Actor

So why was he working on the chip on a machine with network connections? If the laptop doesn't have a physical switch for cutting power to the WiFi antenna, get a junker desktop machine with no WiFi capability, that way if Vick takes it over he can't do anything but play Minesweeper.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
Tony's complaints cracked me up. Yes, there are some holes here...but that doesn't mean you could shit a better script.

I have to say that the final 3 episodes were pretty good. Not Battlestar good, but very fine all the same. BAG is great as Derek and the park scene was a home run (pun intended). The thing that gets me is that Tony has some good points...but, when a show or movie is clicking, and there are good moments and involving storylines, you forgive the little stuff in favor of the big picture.

And, while one of my all-time geek genre openings is the Cash DotD opening, I thought the song was very well used here. SOOOO much more entertaining than just another bullet-fest to metal.

This show has some serious potential. I thought it would be all running from the FBI and Terminator with the occasional sidetrack to find/stop SkyNet. But, it is clearly more involved. Now the FBI is teamed with the father figure and they know what is up, the Armenian mob is involved, Derek Reese is here to stay, and Cameron is an evolving question mark.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I did like how Reese mentioned what he and his team did when they first went back in time...Hung around the mall and got sick. It was a throw away line. But, think about it. You live in a post-apocalyptic world being run by machines. You eat god knows what. Your always on the run and can never relax. You end up in a place where you can relax and eat foods you could only have dreamed about a few days earlier.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member

I'm more than willing to forgive failings of production if the Big Picture is worth it. Hell, I hung around through the mid-season crap episodes of Jericho and it's starting to pay off now, and I suffered through the abysmal first season of Torchwood and that's coming around nicely. Problem is that Terminator has a slew of production problems, basic lapses in logic, characters that are poorly written, internal consistantcy problems and "drama" that is flacid - and there's no payoff forthcoming. As far as the carrot and the stick, I'm getting nothing but stick.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H

The shows you mention both had a LOT more episodes to shake off their problems. 22 in Jericho's first season, and 13 in Torchwood. This show had 9. They were also NEVER allowed to go into the cutting room, spot any problems, and rewrite/reshoot because of the strike. These 9 episodes were purposefully rushed into and through production. I think with these behind them, a clear vision for the future, and more time/coherency to work with the staff and this show could really pull it together.

But, why try to convince you? If you stuck around for Jericho for 25 episodes, you'll stick around for this! :D

I will say this for next season: cut the stupid Sarah VO on the opening and close. Not every episode has to have a theme that it tied up nicely.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member

Ya know, I'd try and deny that. . . but I really can't.

(If I could get through S1 of Torchwood, I can get through ANYthing)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

No, I'm not. Derek comes from a timeline in which Skynet won. When he comes back to "our" time, it is to a timeline in which Skynet will not win and Judgment Day will not happen. So, he'd really have no reason to be in the tunnels in the future in our timeline, and there'd have been no reason for the hole to have been blown in his timeline. A paradox, as the term is acceptably used in time travel fiction.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
A few episodes ago, the T-888 simply knocked a prison cell door against the back wall when looking for Derek.

Joe Cole

Second Unit
Tony J Case said:
Dude, I could eat a copy of MS Word and shit a better script that what the last 6 weeks have been.

If you ate a copy of MS Word you would be on your throne for days! In pain!

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
There's probably not much point in keeping this up, since we're just going to keep trading back and forth increasingly nitpicky quotes, but what the hell one more for the road:

If you think a show simply using a song that was previously used in a motion picture is copying, then I really have no response.

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor
Someone turned me on to this show about half way in. I'm now caught up on all the episodes and I have to say what a great show. And this last episode was perfect. And the use of Johnny Cash's song "The Man Comes Around" was a total shock. Normally we get a heavy metal bullet scene but this time the song used actually had some meaning and depth.

I'll be sticking with this one for the long haul.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I wouldn't have cared early in the run, but that's good news if they can keep the level of quality of the last three eps.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks