What's new

Fox releasing A MAN CALLED PETER on 9/6 (1 Viewer)

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
Accoding to Digital Bits, A MAN CALLED PETER is being released on 9/6. Its a Cinemascope film with Richard Todd and Jean Peters with a beautiful score by Alfred Newman

CherylWI

Stunt Coordinator
I remember this movie but I haven't seen it in years. It's nice to know I'll be able to see it again soon.

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
Digital Bits doesn't tell us if other goodies are being released with thistitle, or if its a studi classic or if its the original 4.0
Great Film - a genuine surprise release - nevr on Laserdisc and never shown on tv widescreen.

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
I picked yp my copy of "A Man Called Peter" and although the wiscreen transfer looks wonderfull, the sound , although in stereo, it is not in 4.0. I wonder what happened?

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
One source, high up in Fox Film Corporation (NOT the video division) says that Fox has not lost any of thier original 4.0 tracks. It's the video division not taking time to do things right.

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
thats sad........because the stereo sound is very good. I can just imagine what the 4.0 would have sounded like.
Fox in the past has been very good in utilizing the 4.0 tracks....there mst be someone new in charge at the video division.

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
On the plus side, it looks like Fox did some major restoration - the color is gorgeous.
Fox had done a letterbox transfer for Laser (never released) but the color was pretty pale.

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
One really odd thing about this package is the cover. Peter Marshall was a Presbyterian preacher. The cover has him made up as a Catholic Priest !!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks