What's new

FOX - Betty Grable & Alice Faye - a chance maybe? (1 Viewer)

Doug Bull

Advanced Member
Real Name
Doug Bull
I have just finished watching the 2 wonderful Fox Documentaries released by Image, "Hidden Hollywood" Vols 1 and 2.
Anybody who loves the older FOX Classic Musicals, should not hesitate in picking them up. They are fabulous.

While giving us a chance to see Betty Grable and Alice Faye in sequences that never made it to the final cut, it only wets one's appetite to see more of these wonderful Gals performing in some of their Top Box Office, Classic Movies.

So is there any chance that maybe sometime in the near or not too near future, we may be privileged to see some of their immensely popular titles released by FOX to DVD?

My personal favorites are,
Betty Grable in
"Moon over Miami"
"That Lady in Irmine"
"Mother Wore Tights"
"Song of the Islands"
"Coney Island"
"Down Argentine Way"
"The Shocking Miss Pilgrim"

and for Alice Faye,
"Hello Frisco Hello"
"Wake up and Live"
"That Night in Rio"
"Alexander's Ragtime Band" (although the Laser looks good)
"George White's 1935 Scandals"
"The Gang's all Here" ( Laser also looks great)
"In Old Chicago"
"Rose of Washington Square"
"State Fair" ( 1962)

and for a double dose, "Tin Pan Alley"

I will throw Rita Hayworth's name into the mix and plead for Fox's "My Gal Sal" (Love that film and Rita)

NeilEdwards

Stunt Coordinator
I haven't been spending much on DVD's recently ... there haven't been any great ones like the above to buy. Only issues of recent box office bombs.

Let's have some great films like above. My keyboard is itching to spend some money.

BarryR

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BARRY RIVADUE
I'm all for Betty Grable, Alice Faye and others who were part of many wonderful musicals in the '30s and '40s.....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.