What's new

FOX: Any ETA on Buffy Season 1 Box set? :) (1 Viewer)

Will Cunningham

Stunt Coordinator
I love Buffy:The Vampire Slayer, it is now officially my favorite show ever. It finally edged out Starblazers, if only by a hair.
I am very excited about the upcoming release of Buffy season one on DVD. I can't wait to pick it up even though in a moment of weakness I bought the UK R2 pal discs. I like season one quite a bit, but it is season two that cemented my love for the serries and took it to the next level of uber-coolness.
It almost seems wrong to start asking about season two before season one has even been released, but I am dying to get an ETA on when I can get some season two buffy goodness. :D Anyone know when Fox is hoping to get the season two DVD's released in R1?
Thanks!!
PS Doh, meant to say Season 2 in subject line, don't know how to change...sigh. :b

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Ah Will, a man after my own heart :) If you like Starblazers, why not watch the movies that have come out properly subtitled and uncut? Look under "Space Battleship Yamato" at online stores. Do NOT buy the dubbed version of Farewell to Space Battleship Yamato because it's cut by half an hour. Don't forget the series is missing over 2 hours of footage that was on Japanese TV, and hopefully someone will properly sub Yamato at some point in the future so people who became fans as children can see the real thing
I also just got my first Yamato cel w/background ;)
Oh yeah, and Peter, when is Season 2? :)

Will Cunningham

Stunt Coordinator
Congrats on the yamato animation cel, that is definately cool. I liked the movies and agree that they are definately worth catching. The thing that suprizes most old time Starblazers fans is that there was a 3rd season that many people did not ever get to see. In any event, Starblazers was a great serries with plenty of character development and interesting plotlines. I like it as much as an adult as I did when I was a child seeing it for the first time.
Buffy has quite a bit in common with Starblazers now that I think about it. Both serries tend to do season long story arc's, both have great stories, both have great characters and interestingly enough I am waiting for the second season of both serries to be released on DVD. Lol. :)
Will

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks