What's new

Favorite HTF Signature - Updated (1 Viewer)

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Seth, I'll bite. Da Doors - "Stoned Immaculate".
Doors, yes, though these lines of poetry can now be found being read out of context of the original song in SI (on American Prayer and the Doors movie), the song they were originally used in is a terrific one...
The Wasp: Texas Radio And The Big Beat from the classic album LA Woman. 2 of my favorite jams on there (this and Love Her Madly). Of course I have the DVD-A of it. :emoji_thumbsup:
But that whole American Prayer thing is supercool as well. :)
I just found those words to make me think of those guys in Apoc Now defending that bridge, especially that guy who seemed to be so far out as to be beyond it all now.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John

I know I saw that one recently, though I don't really know the individual episodes well enough. I'm fairly sure it is from an early episode, I think in the second season. The first two seasons are favorites for me because they had her at her most kittened out.

Like most people, I use PhotoShop for sigs, but I have many, many other uses for it. You could always change to another Buffy sig.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Oh, and I always recommend sigs (especially with some sort of picture in them) for members. It's much easier to get an identity that way, something for people to associate with your words (since we don't normally see each other).

I'm now going to try to keep my sigs similar even as I change them. Sort of like John Rice has just done.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
:laugh:
That was mine!
I remember meeting Ron E. at my first Scooterpalooza and we got to talking about the infamous exploding head pic. He mentioned how he didn't appreciate it being used on the HTF, so I apologized.
His response was "That was YOUR sig? You idiot!" :laugh:
So I apologized again.
Hey, I thought it was a cool pic! And I was a newbie... :b

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John

It keeps a visual consistency going from sig to sig, and it also simplifies creating them. BTW, I'm using two images next to each other. The photo is jpeg and the text is gif. That way I get maximum quality and minimum file size on both, plus I can have the text on a transparent background. You can even do it so they look like one image. I think PhotoShop lets me create a hybrid file, I just don't know how.

Darren Davis

Stunt Coordinator
I've always liked Jack Briggs', Derek Miner's, John Thomas' (although I've never watched an episode of Buffy), and Kyle McKnight gets my :emoji_thumbsup:
Although, favorite...mine of course. Saxaboom owns me!

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Oh, and I always recommend sigs (especially with some sort of picture in them) for members. It's much easier to get an identity that way, something for people to associate with your words
Excellent point, I always seem to forget names. but I remember sig pics and many of the type of posts that go with them. Case in point. A week or two ago I commented on how much I liked John Rice's "Buffy" sig... Ooops :b
I mean how on earth do you forget the name of someone who is named after the most vital part of the male anatomy? :D

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
There's too many Johns running around. ;)
I knew I should've used my nickname when registering. The only problem is that "Al Brown" was already taken. :D

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
I remember meeting Ron E. at my first Scooterpalooza and we got to talking about the infamous exploding head pic. He mentioned how he didn't appreciate it being used on the HTF, so I apologized.
As long as it wasn't a "Pink Panther" gif :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks