What's new

Fallout 76 (Bethesda) - 11/14/2018 (1 Viewer)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
useful info from a level 84

renderTimingPixel.png

Power armor:

1. It is useful even if it is just a frame.It gives you an invisible strength buff and a flat 60 in both kinetic and energy resistance.

2. Power armor can be stored in frames.Just a single piece of the power armor will weigh around 12-16, but the frames weigh about 10. What this means is that if you store a full set of power armor on the frame, you are effectively reducing 50-60 weight down to 10. HOWEVER, do not put more than one fusion core into the frame, it just vanishes if you don't reclaim it after awhile.

3. Fusion cores are not a scarce commodity.The Fusion core drain is super super incredibly generous compared to other fallout games. Certain robot enemies will always drop fusion cores at a random charge, the two that I know of are sentry bots and Robobrains. Sentries are harder to take care of but Robobrains are very easy to kill even at lower levels. What this means is that if you are ever short, you can just go to a location with Robobrains, clear them out, then server hop if its still not enough for you.

4. Power armor is incredibly overpowered compared to all regular armor at lower levels, there is an endgame however for collecting good heavy armor pieces and it's possible to hit the same damage and energy resist as a suit of power armor. But given how accessible and easy it is to get a nice suit of power armor versus the alternative, I would recommend power armor unless you are deep into the late game grind.
Level System:

1. RESPEC FOR SPECIAL POINT DISTRIBUTION IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE, THINK THINGS THROUGH.

2. The game gives an adequate amount of XP for most activities.However, Most quests only give around 300-500 XP. For reference, a regular super mutant gives 30, a titled super mutant gives 60, a deathclaw gives 300. What this means is that kills will be the overwhelming majority of your XP will be from kills throughout the wasteland.

3. This game can be played by yourself, the balance team made sure of it.However, what this inherently means is that numbers advantage is super powerful. The extra damage means you can take on higher level enemies, higher level enemies will give more XP, on top of that inspirational gives you a 15% bonus to those XP gains.

4. There are items that give you bonus XP, all of them stack. The notable ones are sleeping in a bed, which will give you well rested (5% xp) the canned food stew distributed to everyone on the server after you complete the "Feed the People" event at Mama Dolches. (5%) and certain cranberry items you can craft at a cooking stations, which have different percentages depending on what item it is.

5. You can invest in a SPECIAL stat and pick a perk card from a different statEx: At level 2, I can invest my perk point into strength, then cycle over to charisma and choose inspirational 1.

6. Powerful cards are level gated, meaning they cannot be obtained until after you have reached that level,Ex: Tank Killer is a perception card that requires level 30, meaning if you level up at any point from 2-29, this card will not be shown when you go perception in pick a card.
Environment and Resources:

1. Vendors have 200 caps in stock, and is faction based. Meaning if you visit a vendor of faction A and sell everything you have to take their 200 caps, all vendors belonging to faction A will have 0 caps in stock, while factions B and C will still have 200 caps waiting for you. Sell all of the junk you don't use frequently for some quick cash. (Bone fragments are a good choice, weighs a good bit, useless as fuck)

2. Eating unprepared food has a chance of giving you diseases, which are annoying. However, raw plants don't nearly have as high of a chance to give you diseases as raw meats. Meaning, if you don't feel like dealing with all the food spoiling in your inventory, it's entirely possible to avoid this aspect of the game if you just get some plants and make a decent sized garden in your camp and live off of those.

3. Workshops are worth the investment. Clearing it out gives you 20 caps, the fee to claim it is 25. Meaning for the price of 5 caps, you can have consistent flow of resources into your pockets for your play session on that server, a free fast travel point, and a good chunk of XP from the defense events.Building the generators to produce those resources don't come out of your pocket most of the time as claiming a workshop gives you some building materials to work with on site (the materials the workshop will cover for you is highlighted in green). Defending against players is also relatively easy for a few reasons. First, most players don't think it's worth the hassle to try and steal it from you. Second, those that do want the workshop can just server hop to where one is free instead of potentially dying to you. Third, even in the hypothetical scenario some dick does try to take your workshop, you can easily stop him. Get all of your resource generators running, then use the rest of your budget to place an army of turrets facing the workshop bench. Workshops count as player settlements, meaning until a player confirms that his intention is to claim the workshop by standing in the workbench area, the turrets are considered non-hostile and the invader will gain a bounty for attacking them. So, if they try to hurt the turrets, they get a bounty and a hail of bullets. If they try to claim it by standing in the center, they're a sitting duck and they get greeted by a hail of bullets. There's just no situation where they can win.

4. The resources most sought after will be adhesive, gears, screws, and springs, a good chunk of these things are generally needed for most crafting projects and repairs. Power armor crafting especially needs an insane amount of springs so be sure to stock up on them as much as possible. Weapon repairs generally need springs as well, Melee weapons however will generally only need wood and adhesive, both of which can be found more frequently.

5. There is no trading hub, there will rarely be trading at all due to a couple of reasons. First, there is no free fast traveling point other than vault 76, and there is no obvious social hub on that map that is clearly intended for players to go and trade at. Second, the trade menu is currency exclusive. What this means instead of the trading system in other games we're used to where it opens up a window where you can drag the items you want to trade for another item, the only way to trade in this game is for them to request something in your inventory and for you to set a # of caps that you are willing to sell it for. In other games this wouldn't be an issue, however since most players aren't sitting on a lot of caps, this discourages trading. Of course, I can totally see Bethesda fixing this in the near future by addressing these issues, but until then I recommend being entirely self reliant. Meaning, fix your own gear and have the resources to do so, don't over or under invest in a particular resource, and don't hold onto things just because you think its going to be a good payday because it's going to be a while.

6. If you find yourself wanting a particular resource, there are deposits scattered across the map which you can build your camp over. If your camp has a deposit within its building vicinity, it will increase the cost of moving it from another location quite significantly. However, You will now have a generator of that material from the deposit every time you play. A fair warning though, these areas are probably going to be hotspots for camps, and currently if you log onto a world where someone already has a camp where you built yours, the game just blueprints your camp and covers your moving fee, until they fix this I recommend always fast traveling to your camp after every play session so that in case someone had already beat you to it, you can just server hop and rebuild your camp without making a huge journey.
Thoughts on Perks

1. Currently the stash limit hinders your gameplay quite a bit, so any and all perks that reduces carry weight of any items in your inventory is very good. this of course detracts from your combat efficiency since the more points you spend on carry weight deduction the less points you have into those cool combat perks, however with the game in it's current state I think it's worthwhile.We know that a stash limit increase is coming, we know that character respec is coming, so play in the now and make your life easier in the current version we play on. carry weight perks, gotta have them.

2. Perk cards are swappable, meaning you should really think about what perks would be more useful to you all the time, because those conditional perks that is only useful some of the time can just be swapped in when you need them.This means that hypothetically, I can have the benefit of guns breaking 50% slower from gunsmith 5, and when I need to repair my power armor I can swap my gunsmith for power patcher, which decreases the repair costs. I can have marathoner 3 in my agility slot, and when I need to make ammo I'll swap it out for ammosmith for more ammo yield. There is no point in having any crafting perks active when you are out and about.
Hope this has helped, I know it was very long. I'll see you all in the wasteland.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
A lot of gaming sites have started posting their final reviews for this and...ouch. Metacritic averages for PC/PS4/XBO are 55/50/49. Some of the reviews specifically say that the game may change a lot in the next year or so (which is what many MMOs go through, most famously FFXIV which is still going very strong) but it's still a pretty bad launch for such a big franchise.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Yesssss
Communication Moving Forward

renderTimingPixel.png

Hi r/fo76,

We know you’re frustrated and angry at the state of things right now, whether it’s the issues you’re running into in the game, or the lack of communication about fixes, updates, or news. To be clear, this account is run by us, Bethesda Game Studios community team. Yesterday we posted to let you know that we’re still here gathering your feedback and, more importantly, working to get info from the team we can share. We didn’t want you to think the silence meant nothing was happening. We're sorry and understand this was not the right approach, and we’ll work to make a better bridge between you and the dev team at BGS.

We’re posting an article today that has further information about the upcoming updates that were mentioned a few weeks ago. In addition, we’re aiming to get you the patch notes for these updates quicker and will have them available for December 4th’s update later this week. Probably Thursday or Friday. We’d like to make these articles weekly to make sure you know what the studio is working on as it relates to issues you may be experiencing, quality of life requests you have, or new features they’re excited to share.

Please take a look at the below to see what we’re posting today on Fallout.com and as always, let us know if you have any thoughts or feedback. This article covers high-level issues being worked on as the patch notes will go at length into what’s being fixed with each update.

December 4, 2018 – Next week’s update will bring an increase to the Stash limit, as well as a variety of performance and stability improvements, balance changes, and multiple bug fixes to the game. We’ll have full patch notes available later this week ahead of Tuesday’s update. Some notable issues being addressed in this update include:

• Stash Limit Increased: We know many of you have been asking for an adjustment to the Stash storage limit, and we’re happy to share that we’re increasing it from 400 to 600. While this is somewhat conservative, we plan to increase the storage cap further once we verify that this change will not negatively impact the stability of the game.

• Boss Loot: Players should correctly receive two to three items after taking down a boss, depending on the creature’s difficulty and level.

• Cryolator Effects: Players hit with the Cryolator are now Chilled, Frosted, or Frozen depending on how many times they are hit. The duration of movement speed reductions applied by these effects have also been decreased from 2 hours to 30 seconds.

• Respawning When Overencumbered: We’ve resolved an issue affecting players who die while overencumbered that only allowed them to Respawn at Vault 76. Now, overencumbered players will be able to respawn at the nearest discovered Map Marker.

• Stuck in Power Armor: We’ve addressed an issue in this patch that could cause players to become stuck inside Power Armor. We’re also aware that there are some additional cases where this can occur, and we are actively investigating them.
December 11, 2018 – The next update after December 4 is currently planned for the following week. Like previous patches, it will include a variety of bug fixes, but we’re also planning to bring some more notable changes and features to the game. You can catch a preview of these improvements below, and a full list of changes will be included in the December 11 patch notes.

• PC Additions: A Push-to-Talk setting for Voice Chat, 21:9 resolution support, and a Field of View setting are all being implemented on PC with this update.

• SPECIAL Respec: After level 50, you’ll be able to choose between a new Perk Card, or moving a SPECIAL point you had previously allocated.

• C.A.M.P. Placement on Login: Your C.A.M.P. will no longer be automatically blueprinted and stored if someone is occupying your location when you log into a server. Instead, you’ll receive a notification that your space is occupied. If you decide to find a new home for your C.A.M.P. on that server, it will be free to do so. However, if you don’t attempt to place down your C.A.M.P., you will be able to switch to a new server where that spot is vacant and your C.A.M.P. will be fully assembled and waiting for you.

• Bulldozer: This is a new C.A.M.P. feature that will allow you to remove small trees, rocks, and other obstructions so it’s easier to create and place your C.A.M.P. when and where you want it. You can also use the Bulldozer to clear these items from the surrounding area to make your C.A.M.P. feel more like home!
Thank you, and please don’t stop letting us know how we can improve our communication and what else needs to be addressed in the game. Once we finalize the patch notes for the December 4 update, we’ll be sure to post them here and all patch notes and weekly updates going forward.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Checking into the thread to see what's up.

Thanks for the link to that Zero Punctuation review. Brings back some memories of older ZP reviews when I watched that content regularly.

As I discussed earlier in this thread, a big part of Bethesda's appeal is the modding and with the rollout of FO 76 it seems that they have managed to muck that up. It seems like for at least the last two weeks the ability to download mods into Skyrim and FO4 from the Bethesda site has been intermittent at best. Managed to update my Skyrim load order last night (as I've been thinking about making a new run) but today no such luck.

I wish they (Bethesda) would get their act together. Sometimes I think about chucking their titles and never looking back. :angry:

- Walter.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
They recently accidentally leaked personal and account info for Fallout 76 players.

To say the launch of this game has been royally bungled would be a severe understatement.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I loved the Fallout series. But this is a truly terrible, annoying, worthless title. RENT once (Redbox or whatever) and I almost guarantee you will agree. Incredibly happy I just wasted a one day rentail rather than a buy

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
A lot of the issues he described existed long before Fallout 4 (the guy in the video was talking about Bethesda "porting bugs" from FO4). I saw them in FO3 and Skyrim (the pop-in/persistent helicopters are dragons in Skyrim). I suspect the major issues in FO76 that greatly affect game-playing will be mostly fixed over the next year or two, assuming the project isn't abandoned... The mostly online/multi-player aspect is more of a deterrent to me than the bugs are...after all, I did survive FO3 on the PS3, which was a festival of glitches often of the data-losing/game-killing variety, and yet it might still be my favorite PS game so far.

[Close your eyes. Listen to a bit of the video. That Todd guy from Bethesda. It's Steve Carell in The Office: the voice and even a lot of the dialog later on fits! Couldn't get that out of my head while watching. :)]

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
So Sony has a feature on the PS4 where you can see what percentage of people got a particular trophy as you unlock it, plus you can see what percentage of players that is through another feature. The community used this to back calculate how many people are playing various games.

Fallout 76 is at roughly 400k. That's how many people have even played the game at all on PS4, the dominant console of this gen.

That's....bad.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Via le reddit
PSA: How to Get Nuka Cola Power Armor Paint
renderTimingPixel.png

Ok fellas gather around, Ill tell you how to find nuka cola paint

1. go to "pylon v-13" south east of the map, go near the stairs of that pylon and look for petrified corpse. from walk from stairs to petrified, on the left you'll see an ammo bag. take the key from there

2. go to watoga, find a little musical stage just near the river. walk to the right side of stage, to the rocky area. You'll find a red toolbox, unlock it and grab the key

3. go to sutton.(se of vault 76) when spawned, go to left side of town. Ull find a yellow chest inside the dog house. Unlock it and grab the key.

4. go to Kanawha Nuka cola plant from FRONT GATE. Go upstairs from right and enter the nearest door, enter second door here. in the end of hallway you'll find a white cabinet on the ground-semi covered in dirt. Unlock it and get the last key :)

5. go to black mountain ordnance works. (its left of vault 76) From there, go to east side road. last place's entrance is covered by trees- hard to see. İn the map its between east road and the mountains. Unlock it and Voila! u just found nuka cola paint and probably 5-6 nuka colas inside
Notes: i posted this today in another pa paint headline , i saw that many don't know this, so i decided to do separate post to be sure. Have a nice day :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks