What's new

Ever returned a DVD due to audio anomalies? (1 Viewer)

Frank@N

Screenwriter
This might seem like an odd question, but audio anomalies are a bit harder to pin down compared to picture defects.

I've noticed a few audio problems recently on different discs and am unsure of how to proceed.

For example, during the final quarter of 'Driven' it *seemed* like the center channel dropped off to almost nothing.

Center channel was already set to +10db, dialog was still unintelligible.

I had to boost the overall volume to almost 100% and then reduce it when the soundtrack came 'back' later.

This was the most recent example, but there have been a few other situations (The Fog) where it *seemed* like there was a mysterious loss of volume during the later part of movie.

I don't think it's my hardware, because its only happened on a few movies, but I am using a 10 year old Pro Logic system.

There may be some quirks with the 5.1 fold-down process, but it's hard to imagine how this could affect the center channel.

Is is possible these disc are defective?

Frank@N

Screenwriter
Sergio,

Thanks for the feedback on 'The Fog'.

At least my copy is same as the rest.

Sergio Martorel

Second Unit
I have a question about THE BLACK HOLE... what is exactly the sound problem?
I have the R4, released by Buena Vista (but I suppose it´s the same print Anchor Bay put out in the USA), and haven´t noticed any faults on the soundtrack.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks