1. This might seem like an odd question, but audio anomalies are a bit harder to pin down compared to picture defects.

I've noticed a few audio problems recently on different discs and am unsure of how to proceed.

For example, during the final quarter of 'Driven' it *seemed* like the center channel dropped off to almost nothing.

Center channel was already set to +10db, dialog was still unintelligible.

I had to boost the overall volume to almost 100% and then reduce it when the soundtrack came 'back' later.

This was the most recent example, but there have been a few other situations (The Fog) where it *seemed* like there was a mysterious loss of volume during the later part of movie.

I don't think it's my hardware, because its only happened on a few movies, but I am using a 10 year old Pro Logic system.

There may be some quirks with the 5.1 fold-down process, but it's hard to imagine how this could affect the center channel.

Is is possible these disc are defective?

2. Sergio Martorel

Sergio Martorel Second Unit

I don´t know about Driven, but I also noticed the sound discrepancy in THE FOG as well.

3. Eric Stuckey

Eric Stuckey Second Unit

The Last Starfighter & the Black Hole

4. Sergio Martorel

Sergio Martorel Second Unit

I have a question about THE BLACK HOLE... what is exactly the sound problem?
    I have the R4, released by Buena Vista (but I suppose it´s the same print Anchor Bay put out in the USA), and haven´t noticed any faults on the soundtrack.

[​IMG]