What's new

Energy Speakers..???? (1 Viewer)

JohnathanB

Auditioning
I know for people on a budget these have been the the TAKE 5 has been the speakers of choice for a few years. I know Energy just recently put out a TAKE 5.2 system (an upgrade of sorts..not sure on the improvements).

For us unfortunate folk...who have a budget they have to stay in:

Is the Take 5 still the speakers of choice? Has something better come to the market in the last year?

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
yes, definetely. i heard take5, take5-2 and paradigm cinema side by side. i chose cinema, but that doesnt mean take5 is not a good set. at that time i just went with my intuition, not ears. the cinema was touted as an excellent microsystem by a few website :
http://www.hometheatersound.com/equi...m_cinema70.htm
http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/Sou...radigmp01.html
i wanted a new system, not an old one. if i didnt have more money a few months ago, i am sure i would still be satisfied with the 5.
( if i remember correctly, one reason why i didnt go for the take5 was because the shop wont let me change the 8 inch sub with a 10 inch sub since the system was a "combo" system )

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Abel,

The Energy Take 5 systems are sold with the e:XL-S8 8" subwoofer.

Johnathan,

The Energy Take 5 and Take 5.2 systems are excellent speaker packages for the money, especially for movies. Like all satellites I have ever heard, the Take 5 and Take 5.2 speakers are thin-sounding for music. Still for the money, these packages are excellent. I imagine the Take 5 system is very difficult if not impossible to find new these days.

Martin Rendall

Screenwriter
I have the Take 5 (er, version 1) and the 8" XL sub. In a smallish to medium room, they work great for HT. For music, not so good.

Martin.

JohnathanB

Auditioning
So the Energy Take 5.2 or the Paradigm Cinema are probably the best systems out for HT in the $6-700 price range?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks