What's new

Eminent Technoloy (1 Viewer)

David James

Stunt Coordinator
I've been looking a lot at Maggies for my front HT speakers and have run across an alternative in my price range $800-$900 (assuming used). Namely Eminent Technology LFT-8 or also known as LFT-VIII. I find very little in forums about them and even less activity in the used market. What I have seen in Audio Review and on the Planer forum has been almost universal praise.

Is there anyone here who knows about these guys and might have some comments.

John Kotches

Senior HTF Member
David,

ET is a very small company, and their praise is well earned. The loudspeakers you're looking at have only 1 major pitfall -- they eat power up.

The downside to these speakers is that they aren't the most attractive on the planet. If you can work with their physical size, and have sufficient power to drive them I believe you would be quite satisfied with the VIIIs as long as you aren't expecting thunderous output. IMO they max out at about 100-105dB.

Regards,

John Kotches

Senior HTF Member
David,

I'm still waiting (about 3 years now) for the LFT-14s.... They're a bit pricier than the VIIIs.

Also watch out, there's an VIII and an VIIIa. You want the VIIIa.

Cheers,

David James

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks John,
Yes, having googled my fingers raw, I discovered VIIIa is the way to go.

I've seen the 14 on their web site, 4k, yes a bit pricier :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks