What's new

DVD Purchases Part III: The Wrath of Khan (1 Viewer)

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
It's that time again where I take the recommendations of the HTF!!!
I've decided to consider the following:
Traffic: Criterion Collection
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season One
Enter the Dragon: Special Edition
Transformers: Season One
Rashomon: Criterion Collection
Waiting in the wings:
Charade: Criterion Collection
- This DVD has been OOP, but I know where I can get a copy. I'm curious to see if I should buy this site unseen.
I need help on:
-where to buy
-when to buy
I'm well aware of DeepDiscountDVD.com but their media mail takes too damn long. I'm thinking about DVDPlanet. Your thoughts?

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
I'd say Rashomon is a must-have for any film lover. DVDPlanet has pretty good prices on Criterions - I just bought the Dreyer set for a little over fifty bucks. As for the rest of those titles, I guess it depends on how much you like the movie. Enter the Dragon is a must-have for action fans and can be found fairly cheap. I picked up the Buffy set (previously-owned) for $20.00 and quite enjoyed it. Charade is a good, old-fashioned thriller - I also recommend it. The Criterion edition of Traffic sounds pretty good. I liked the movie enough to want to get it. Can't help you with the Transformers set.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
If you're buying Criterions, DVD Planet is the place to go, with their never-ending 35% off sale! If you use them, be sure to sign up with EBates - DVD Planet is still giving 5% rebates on everything you buy for EBates members.
That's a 40% discount on Criterions. Wow!! Just like the good ole days of 1999... :D
Oh yeah, they ship pretty quickly too. In stock items usually get to me in two days.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
I picked up buffy season 1 on sale from northamerican dvd for $19.99 on one of there sales. Look out for it and pick it up. I enjoyed it a lot

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Well, went back to Best Buy, found, and bought Charade: Criterion Collection 98% sight unseen. I hope I like it. What do you all think?
I also broke down and finally purchased The Deer Hunter. Did I do good today? :)

Enrique B Chamorro

Supporting Actor
The Deer Hunter DVD is in a new case, but the same old DVD.

The transfer was so-so at best, a very early DVD.

I don't know if a new Deer Hunter was being worked on?

Charade is a very good disc to have.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks