What's new

DVD Profiler question: Can't add any DVD's to my collection... (1 Viewer)

Scott Leopold

Supporting Actor
Not sure if this is the best place for this, but I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem. I tried adding a DVD yesterday (Logan's Run, picked up at Sam's club for 5.98), and it wouldn't accept it. It acts as though it adds it, doesn't take any errors, but the DVD never shows up. I tried adding about a dozen others, and still couldn't get it to work. I ran the DB repair, and this didn't fix it. I rebooted, ran the DB repair again, then rebooted again, and this didn't fix it. I thought I was making a little progress this morning after I downloaded my online collection, then tried moving a DVD from "ordered" to "owned". It allowed me to do this, but instead of adding the DVD to my collection, it replaced one that was already there. Luckily, after moving the first DVD back to "ordered", I was able to add the erased DVD. After that, though, I've not been able to add any others, whether to "owned", "ordered", or "wishlist". Has anyone had this problem, or have any suggestions?

KyleS

Screenwriter
Dont know what your problem is with it but I would recommend backing up your current database, deleting the program, then re-downloading it. It may possibly fix the problem. You should also run a printout of your info before doing this so that it would be easier to put back in if you have permanent problems.
Maybe you have reached the theoretical limit for this program... If so then the best solution for you would be to stop buying anymore DVD's until you get rid of some ;)
Ok ok so that probably isnt it but you can always wish right?
KyleS

Scott Leopold

Supporting Actor
I thought I might have reached the limit, since the total number entered (owned, ordered & wishlist) equaled 500 (according to the website, there shouldn't be a limit to the number in the profiler--just online). I deleted all the Criterion discs from my wishlist, and still have the problem. Now, when I try adding a disc, it deletes a random disc from my collection, but doesn't add the disc that should be replacing it.

I'm going to try reinstalling it and see if that works.

KyleS

Screenwriter
Excellent, I was hoping that a reinstall would do the trick. Must have been some glitch in the program that had problems over time. Were you able to backup your information? Or was the reason it took you 2 hours is you had to re-enter everything? (hope that isnt it)

KyleS

Scott Leopold

Supporting Actor
When I reinstalled, I downloaded my online collection. What took up the bulk of the time was the program downloading and processing all the initial information all over again (all the online IVS database info that it checks regularly for updates, but the first time you install it has to download and process everything). I also tried running the DB repair utility and rebooting again before doing the reinstall. Checking my collection and adding everything I had been trying to add before took a little while as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks