What's new

DVD Profiler: Contribute DVD Profile Problem (1 Viewer)

Jay Taylor

Supporting Actor
Using DVD Profiler 2.0 with premium registration, I am unable to use the Contribute DVD Profile function.

I’ve tried for 3 weeks to contribute “Johnny Carson: The Ultimate Collection” with UPC 23753-30009 as well as a few other DVDs. I’ve tried contributing them with and without cover scans.

Any idea what’s wrong?

Jay Taylor

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
You'll probably have better luck on the DVD Profiler forums, but bottom line is they take their sweet time about adding titles.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
In their defense, when they switched from 1.1 to 2.0, they developed a backlog of about 50,000 updates from people suddenly adding a ton of updates with the new features (easter eggs, etc.) They're still working through that. Considering it's just a couple guys in their spare time, you might cut them a little slack. The updates come through eventually.

Jay Taylor

Supporting Actor
Thanks Mark. That probably explains the problem. If only two people are working part time on accepting everyone's inputs then it's a miracle that it's working as well as it is.

One thing I've learned from these failed attempts to contribute DVD profiles for DVDs not on their list is to lock the entire DVD in my own database. I entered all of the actors from The Twilight Zone collections along with a decent overview but didn't have the data locked on my database. I attempted to contribute the DVD profile but it appeared to not work.

A few days later when doing an update from their database it overwrote all of my work on one of The Twilight Zone collections with blank data. No actors, a not so good overview, and I had entered the actors for about 34 episodes in each collection!

Now I lock everything I've entered that they don't have yet and back up my database prior to every update as well as in a separate file after every update.

Jay Taylor

Also when they released version 2.0 there were and still are major bugs and problems with the program such as high res pictures. These are going to be put higher on their list of things then working on the backlog as well.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks