What's new

Driving Miss Daisy MIA (1 Viewer)

Will K

Screenwriter
Has anyone besides me been unable to find the SE? Was it delayed? It is conspicuously absent from all the major retailers in my area. :angry:

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
I haven't looked at any B&Ms, but my copy shipped from DVDplanet yesterday, so it doesn't appear to be delayed.

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
Saw it at a fewe Best Buys yesterday. Almost passed it up though-it's a single disc snapper case, and I mistook it for the old version. I had just assumed it would be in packaging like Amadeus and Unforgiven, but the single disc version explains the $15 price. I know Best Buy didn't even get it listed on their website until yesterday.

Chuck L

Screenwriter
Add Mildred Pierce to the list of MIA's on the streetdate...

I am really beginning to think that retailers WANT people to shop online since I too could not find either one of these titles...

Jodee

Screenwriter
I bought it at Best Buy for $14.99.

I had first checked Circuit City, but they only carried the old version. The clerk did not even know a new one was released yesterday.

Mark Bendiksen

Screenwriter
This is why I'm ordering The Color Purple online. I don't want to take ANY CHANCE that the DVD isn't available at my local Best Buy.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I picked up Driving Miss Daisy and Mildred Pierce for $14.99 a pop at Best Buy in Whitehall, PA yesterday. There were about 6 copies of each on the shelf at lunchtime.

Arnie G

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Arnie Douglas
I got both yesterday too. I couldn't find Affair to Remember. I think a lot of the time they order 1 copy of a classics title & it takes forever to restock it. I have never seen Black Christmas or Imitation of Life in any retail store!

Mike_Zig

Auditioning
I went to my local Best Buy, Walmart and Circuit City to look for Driving Miss Daisy with no luck. I asked at CC and the lady looked at me like I was crazy. Had to come home and place the order online. I have no idea why my local retailers didn't have it

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks