What's new

DRESSED TO KILL comments - Thumbs up (1 Viewer)

Matt_Stevens

Supporting Actor
I watched this last night, as I had to watch something other than the news. What I found was a massive improvement over any other home version of this film. Even the pretty respectable widescreen laserdisc was a sham compared to this transfer. It looked remarkable and I actually forgot about the world while watching this film, despite having seen it more times than I can count. Even the remastered 5.1 soundtrack was effective. My hats off to MGM for doing one right.
The documentary was very good, despite the lack of Michael Caine's perspective (anyone know why he did not participate?). I was surprised by how beautiful Nancy Allen still looks and honestly wanted to jump her.
biggrin.gif
The babe is just that. A babe. Her body in the film isn't the fake, anorexic form we see today. It's real and sexy and her performance just makes her all the more yummy.
wink.gif

Angie is clearly an older woman now and her face shows signs of being pulled back a number of times, but she came across as a grand lady with a lot of pizzazz and a terrific sense of humor. I'd love to sit down and talk with her for a few hours.
Keith Gordon, shave your head! Those two spots of hair look like devil horns!!
laugh.gif

Less $20 is a bargain for this.
I just wish my copy of SUSPIRIA would come. The local Post Office told me I can expect Priority Mail packages that were sent on Monday or Tuesday to take one to two weeks to get to me!
------------------
www.deceptions.net/superman

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Casey Neutron

Stunt Coordinator
Great movie. This was always my favorite DePalma film and the MGM disc is the best home video representation I've seen of it yet. And I have to agree with Matt about Nancy Allen--she's never looked better than in the last half hour of this movie.

Wes Ray

Supporting Actor
I recently picked up this disc as well and was very impressed by the treatment this classic De Palma film was given. So, it borrows a bit from Hitchcock? It's still loads of fun, with great performances by Michael Caine, Keith Gordon, and especially Nancy Allen. I too wich Caine had been involved with the documentary, but it was still great. I love the featurette comparing the Unrated/R-Rated/Network TV versions of the film. More DVDs should have this!!!! :)

Mitty

Supporting Actor
I've always liked Nancy Allen, and you're right, she's still gorgeous.
I know she had a bit part in Soderbergh's Out of Sight, but I wish she would get some decent parts. It's like all her good parts dried up after Robocop (or maye Robocop was just lucky and all her parts dried up after she divorced De Palma). It's too bad, she had a certainly je ne said quois that I liked.
It is nice to see that she participated in the SE considering she has long since split with De Palma. Maybe theirs was the one amicable split in Hollywood history. :)
It's a good disc, I wish Blow Out had gotten the treatment that it (and Carrie) did.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini007
Recent bookmarks