What's new

Pre-Order Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (1931) (Warner Archive Collection) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
61COl+nR-xL._SL1000_.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
No, because everyone said this one is far superior

Do I need to buy both?

They're just different. The March is a pre-code Paramount (VERY pre-code) and the Tracy is a prettied up, MGM gloss job. Don't get me wrong, the MGM IS beautiful to look at but there's something to be said for the down and dirty Frederic March piece. Both are interesting but I personally think the MGM version would be better regarded if the Paramount version never existed in the first place. Its biggest sin seems to be that it's a different movie. Just my two cents!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
They're just different. The March is a pre-code Paramount (VERY pre-code) and the Tracy is a prettied up, MGM gloss job. Don't get me wrong, the MGM IS beautiful to look at but there's something to be said for the down and dirty Frederic March piece. Both are interesting but I personally think the MGM version would be better regarded if the Paramount version never existed in the first place. Its biggest sin seems to be that it's a different movie. Just my two cents!
That's the reason why I like both movies is because of the differences as to how each movie was made.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
That's the reason why I like both movies is because of the differences as to how each movie was made.

Well understood.

My situation is that I am retired. This is the time of year there are a good dozen titles being released Q4 and I have to pick and choose what I want to buy. I can't begin to tell you how much I have scaled back on disc purchasing.

Could have bought the MGM version months ago, but everyone was talking about how the Paramount version was the one to see.

Perhaps I'll eventually buy the MGM version, but for now, I have to pick and choose carefully according to budget.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Well understood.

My situation is that I am retired. This is the time of year there are a good dozen titles being released Q4 and I have to pick and choose what I want to buy. I can't begin to tell you how much I have scaled back on disc purchasing.

Could have bought the MGM version months ago, but everyone was talking about how the Paramount version was the one to see.

Perhaps I'll eventually buy the MGM version, but for now, I have to pick and choose carefully according to budget.
As a retiree myself, I completely understand the cutback in disc spending.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks